AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Dish subscriber and recently purchased an HD bigscreen. I currently have two dual tuner boxes feeding 4 televisions total in our house, the 522 PVR and a standard 322 tuner. I would like to upgrade to get HD programming thru dish but I keep reading how existing customers get the shaft. I'm under the impression that I could lease an 811 single tuner box but have to return one of my existing boxes, essentially reducing me to 3 television sets. The 942 dual tuner DVR would be nice but is not an option due to the $550+ price with no leasing option. Would I be able to purchase my own 811 box and have that activated also while keeping the 2 others? I'm not sure how I'd set this up, I assume I'd just need to swap between the HD and SD boxes when needed. I don't want to lose service on the 4th tv just to get HD on the bigscreen(I get all my local channels OTA with an antenna).

Any advice is much appreciated. NBA season is starting soon and ESPN/TNT are gonna be essential for that. Charter cable in my area only offers ESPN in HD so I'm still considering a move to D* after their conversion with the new mpeg4 boxes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.