AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice....I have the 622 Vip...My contract ends in March and I want another DVR for other rooms....Hmmmmm I wonder if I can demand this new one....of threaten to move to Direct or Comcast (tho I don't want to)...

T

·
Registered
269 Posts
With the technology of the 922, the is no way Dish will let us Dish users get this as a replacement or an additional receiver or an upgrade, without charging us an arm and a leg for it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Reports from CES by DBStalk and Satguys indicate the upgrade charge will be $199 with a 2-year commitment. Availability supposedly 2Q 2009.

Brad

·
Registered
65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradtothebone /forum/post/15510883

Reports from CES by DBStalk and Satguys indicate the upgrade charge will be $199 with a 2-year commitment. Availability supposedly 2Q 2009.

Brad

i have heard this rumor too. i may have to pick one up for myself. hopefully it does come out quickly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
With Churn an issue, you don't think some wiggle room on their part? Granted, this DVR looks great. Does it have two HD receivers in it?

T

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd like to know if this unit is compatible with the Slingcatcher and if it was, could someone watch HDTV at the 922 via HDMI, and someone else watch another HDTV channel/recorded-show remotely via the Slingcatcher.

The HDTV at the DVR and SD remotely was a big limitation for me to upgrade my old SD DVR. This could solve that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
booyah5-yes it is.

thendreks-no, however there is a Dish Network wireless hd monitor that was at the CES.

Rumor has it availability is set for 2Q 2009. No pricing for upgrading an additional receiver has been released yet. The OTA tuner is very easy to install in the rcvr.

As for the loss of AT&T this more than likely will only be limited to 2 yrs. Rumor has it this was nothing more than a business decision on AT&T's part due to some DirectTV contractual obligations in certain markets.

There are many AT&T customers who are unbundling their services and refusing to make the switch to DirectTV or AT&T Univision. Some reasons cited for customer's staying with Dish is they're only company which has true dual tuners.

These same customers are also citing superior programming content in their packages and very minimal price increases for staying with Dish. These same customers also enjoy Dish not automatically renewing their contract when their current term has expired unlike some DirectTV customers have experienced.

·
Registered
80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousDish /forum/post/15817912

booyah5-yes it is.

Thanks. I did ask a series of questions though. Can the viewer at the unit watch HD at the unit and someone else at the Slingcatcher watch another completely different HD program from the catcher? And can the Slingcatcher viewer watch live HDTV separate from the viewer at the unit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some of the following answers are based on the current performance of Dish HD receivers and from the pictures that have been posted on line.

It appears as though the first tv is set for HD viewing. The second tv will be set for standard definition viewing. Slingcatcher will be enabled on both units. If you want to watch a live event on the first tv someone on the second tv will be able to access Slingcatcher programming.

When my Slingcatcher gets here I'll be able to provide additional information, you'll be able to view recorded Slingcatcher content via internet connection.

·
Registered
385 Posts
wtf is this thing coming out? They said spring at CES, but that was about 3 months ago and the thing is barely ever mentioned in any news anywhere since.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkhead /forum/post/15983973

wtf is this thing coming out? They said spring at CES, but that was about 3 months ago and the thing is barely ever mentioned in any news anywhere since.

You will soon learn, if you have not already, that Dish never ships a product when they commit to doing so. They are also notoriously tight-lipped about unreleased products. Not quite to the level of Apple, but still like trying to get blood from a stone.

Ted

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is comming out Dish has sayed it would be out in may

and yes they are usualy later than they say but its barly the 2nd weeek of spring so they still have almost 3 months to deliver

·
Registered
3 Posts
This site doesn't look to be affiliated with E* but is informative none the less: vip922.com (can't post URL's yet so you'll have to copy/paste)

·
Registered
4,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Video Steve /forum/post/16118207

This site doesn't look to be affiliated with E* but is informative none the less: vip922.com (can't post URL's yet so you'll have to copy/paste)

Allow me to help you... http://vip922.com/

You do know that it's a UK based site, right?

·
Registered
440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Man /forum/post/15509308

With the technology of the 922, the is no way Dish will let us Dish users get this as a replacement or an additional receiver or an upgrade, without charging us an arm and a leg for it.

I have an arm and a leg. It's May now. Where's the VIP922?

Anyone have one already?

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
You can get essentially the same hardware today in the form of the ViP722K. The ViP722K is Dish Network's test platform for the ViP922. It uses the same CPU and memory, but lacks the updated UI and separate encoder for Sling functionality.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How many of you use a Harmony or other universal IR remote? 922 only uses the 2.4 Ghz UHF. Deal breaker for me. They can have my Harmony One when they pry my cold dead fingers from it. To borrow a phrase

1 - 20 of 159 Posts