AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it would be possible to bring two separate OTA antenna feeds into a Dish6000/8VSB STB? I currently have all my UHF digital channels going into the STB module, but one channel is VHF, so I was thinking of running the two VHF & UHF antenna wires into an amplified splitter with a A-B switch, and then into the STB so I would get the Dish hi-def mode and integrated channel menu. I'd then simply use the A-B switch to flip between either the UHF or VHF antenna feed. Would this work? Any other ideas/comments?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
That will work just fine! In the Chicago area we have a problem of all the channels expect PBS are transmitting a digital channel but our local CBS can not transmit because their channel 3 interferes with cable boxes in the area of the transmitter. CBS has to (until they build a new transmitter) broadcast the digital signal over AT&T cable. So we have to use a A/B switch to go from the OTA antenna to cable to get the CBS digital feed. It works like a charm!

------------------

------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List

·
Registered
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mds54:
Does anyone know if it would be possible to bring two separate OTA antenna feeds into a Dish6000/8VSB STB? I currently have all my UHF digital channels going into the STB module, but one channel is VHF, so I was thinking of running the two VHF & UHF antenna wires into an amplified splitter with a A-B switch, and then into the STB so I would get the Dish hi-def mode and integrated channel menu. I'd then simply use the A-B switch to flip between either the UHF or VHF antenna feed. Would this work? Any other ideas/comments?
You could combine the 2 OTA feeds. You can get a cheap VHF/UHF combiner from Radio Shack... looks like a splitter (for 2 coax lines). This way you can bypass the A/B switch and get all the channels all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.