AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have searched about 500 different forums and not see a definitive answer to my question. I have a dish network 222k installed in a room in the east side of my house the installer ran TV 1 feed outside the house and to the west side in the basement where the projector is located this feed is set to show on channel 73 the remote for the 222k works and changes the channels now my question is how do i get that image to show on the projector in HD CHEAPLY. will this item work from eBay

MOTOROLA-DCH-3416-HD-DUAL-TUNER-DVR-HDMI-CABLE-BOX-

Thanks

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
If I am understanding you correct...you are running a modulator for your satellite box over channel 73...is that correct? In other words, you leave your TV set on 73 all the time, and then use the satellite box remote to change channels... If so, the only way to get HD is to run either component video/audio or HDMI (assuming your receiver has it) from the receiver to the TV. Modulated signals are the WORST possible option for quality, and you cannot get HD over it. They are meant for simplicity of wiring...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts