AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of adding DishNet for more HD programming.

I hate it that pay-per-view in HD with DirecTV doesn't start until after midnight. Can someone comment on DishNetworks HD PPV channel(s).

How many dedicated channels are there for HD Pay-Per-View Movies? Is it the same movie over and over or do they rotate a couple of different movies. How often do they change movies or is it the same 2 or 3 for the entire month. Are they offered all day long or only at certain times.

Can someone look at your guide and tell me what they are currently showing in HD. I would like to compare it to DirecTV. Which is currently rotating State & Main, Sugar & Spice, D&D and Thirteen Days.

Thanks for helping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, its late and I just realized this should be in the HDTV Programming Forum.

I'd rather not post it again so if someone can help out I'd really appreciate it. Once again sorry for the non hardware issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hello Imedia,

Dishnetwork has one hd ppv channel (9428) and all day long today 9-28 they are playing "13 Days". In the month of Sep. there have been three movies. Antitrust and Sugar and Spice were the other two. Each movie runs for about a week being shown all day long continuously.

Cheers,

Paul

[This message has been edited by automagic (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'be had Fish for a while and the PPV does seem to have imporoved some lately. They had been running one movie for a whole month or more but as the above poster said, they have rotated a few more lately.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fish Network? Is that Charlie's new side project http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif ?

------------------

Let me get this straight, this show is hi-def and 5.1, but my local affiliate makes it crappy NTSC and mono?!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.