Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been using a Dish network 6000 receiver for a couple of months with no problems, but in the last couple of days the regular DSS channels have a problem. The picture seems to be slightly out of focus or soft. I have tried just about everything I could imagine, but I'm sure someone will have some ideas. Personally, I think it may the 6000 unit itself, but before I replace the 6000, any ideas?

The 6000 is connected to a Sanyo PLC-SW10 LCD projector via component video cables for HDTV and S-Video cables for regular Dish channels. The HDTV, DVD (s-video only), and even Tivo (s-video) looks better than the Dish regular channels. The s-video switching occurs with my Pioneer Elite VSX-33TX receiver. Help!!!

Thanks everyone,

George

·
Registered
109 Posts
George,

Re-check all your cable connections first. Disconnect from power source for 5-10 minutes and see if that makes a difference.

Impala Bob

VS-50803 and Dish 6000 w/OTA

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gpabon:
...in the last couple of days the regular DSS channels have a problem. The picture seems to be slightly out of focus or soft.
Your problems may have nothing to do with your receiver or your setup. Within the past 60 hours, something happened to the Echostar 6 satellite (their newest). What is known at this time is that quite a bit of programming has been shifted to Echostar 2 and it would not be unreasonable to theorize extra compression is being used to handle the extra load. Sparse comments from Dish Network claim that a solar flair "affected" the bird, but that they are in the process of reactivating transponders back to normal strength. Not all trnsponders are down, but most of the ones still up are fluctuating significantly in their signal strength readings. However, a more dire explanation has been offered up by NASA and Loral (the satellite's manufacturer). Based on their telemtry analysis, they feel there may have been a micro-meteorite impact. A "PEZ" candy sized particle traveling at 1,000 mph or more relative to the satellite could do considerable damage. For anyone interested, there's a lengthy thread on this topic hosted by Dan Collins over at DBS Forums.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Satellite problems? I guess that is kinda good to hear (provided they can fix the problem). I too have been unwhelmed by the SDTV picture lately. Since I'm a relatively new E* subscriber, I just thought that was the way it was supposed to look. I was watching some HBO movie and I felt like I was watching a Quicktime/RealVideo kind of video. It looked really bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.