AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a dish 500, but am looking at upgrading to hd for my crt use. My question is, do I need a different dish with the 6000u receiver? I have been looking on flea-bay for a receiver, but can't find one that comes with the dish...I just don't know if the dish 500 with work with this new receiver. Thank you for your time in advance.

Treyson

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dish Network has two styles of LNBs, the old style, and the Dish Pro style. The HD6000 works with the old style LNB. It takes a legacy adapter to work with the Dish Pro LNBs.

Do your LNBs have the Dish Pro label on them? If so, you will need a legacy adapter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replys.

CycloneGT -

When you say that CBS-HD and their Demo channel are the only HD channels that are left exclusively on the Wing satellites, do you mean that I will not be able to receive these channels with the dish 500?

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the Wing satellites?

Thank you again. Without this forum, I would be even more lost!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
check the dishnetwork website to see if you qualify to get a CBS- HD channel before adding a second sat dish. Most people don't qualify to get this channel since your area has to be O&O by CBS or not by near another CBS market.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by styxfix
check the dishnetwork website to see if you qualify to get a CBS- HD channel before adding a second sat dish. Most people don't qualify to get this channel since your area has to be O&O by CBS or not by near another CBS market.
Is this still the case even if you can get your locals via E*?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.