Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been reading the forums and i'm still pretty cofused about how the echostar receiver gets OTA HD sbroadcasts? I have three questions..

1) If I get the dishnetwork system with the two dishes and the standard receiver. Can I add my own HDTV decoder and receive Dishnetwork's HD channels via the 2nd dish? Or do I have to use the Echostar 6000?

2) What If I get the complete system, Dish 6023 system..it includes the two dishes and the 6000 receiver, and decide to cancel the service some time later. Will the Echostar 6000 receiver still work for OTA HD broadcasts?

3) Does anyone know of a special promo for the Dish Network 6023 system? The only proms's I see are for the standard system and the Dish PVR. There must be a way to get the 2nd dish out of them for free. Do they offer the 2nd dish for free to their international package subscribers? I think that's the same dish that they use for their HD broadcasts? This way the only thing I would have to pay for is the 6000 receiver and the 8VSB cartridge.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
HI Shew,

To answer your questions.

1) You will need to use an Echostar/Dish Network model 6000 Receiver to be able to view HD programs from Dish Network.

2) In order for you to receive OTA HD signals with a model 6000 it MUST be receiving a valid satellite signal to work. You do not however need a subscription to view the OTA signals. There is hope that Dish Network will fix this problem so that you can use your 6000 to view OTA signals without having a satellite signal present.

3) Check out dishdepot.com for specials on the 6000. I have ordered from them a few times and they have great service!

Scott

DBStalk.COM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.