AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing this forum and I've gotten some great advice just by reading. I now use ZoomPlayer as the media player of choice and I've bought Sonic's Cinemaster codecs and LOTR looks great. Little did I suspect that Disney would be out to get me.

I sat down with my son to watch one of his DVDs on the new HTPC connected to the TV. I got stuttering sound and no video. Eventually the video came on but it was a frame-by-frame shot. Meanwhile, the audio kept stuttering. Yikes, I'd never seen this before!

I then tried all of Disney DVDs. None of them work!!! I haven't tried all of my non-Disney DVDs, but everything that I have tried has worked just fine. Has anyone else had a problem with Disney DVDs before?

Here's my setup:

Windows XP + SP1

ATI AIW7500 Radeon with latest driver

HP DVD200i running with UDMA2

I'm using the Cinemaster v5 to Direct Sound filters.

I can provide other details as necessary. This may not be a ZoomPlayer issue since they don't play in Windows Media Player either.

One thing I haven't tried is installing that god-awful InterMedia player that comes on all the Disney DVDs. (I'm not even sure if that's what it's called!

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S.

I know that Disney's Dinosaur DVD played on my wife's computer when it didn't have WinXP. So I know that some combination of Windows and DVD codecs works -- I think it would have been Intervideo's WinDVD with Win98 that I ran it under. But I still find my current situation strange.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You get my pat answer for technical questions such as this: DUH, I play football!

Not heard of such a problem, but if it's hardware or computer software, you would probably have a better chance of an intelligent answer from the HTPC forum.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
This topic may very likely get moved to the HTPC forum--

I will say that I use PowerDVD XP 4.0 under Win XP and have no trouble playing any titles, incuding Disney. Plus It looks good (though I don't know if the Cinemaster codecs give Zoomplayer an edge, they probably do) and I like the interface. You can download it and try it out and if it solves your Disney problem just use it for those titles and Zoom for the rest!

Fred

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.