1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
From the company that owns ABC TV which doesn't offer free streaming anymore unless they have an agreement with your cable carrier.

Ian

Reactions: reddice

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is basically just a revamp of Disney Movies Online that closed at the end of 2012. I think what's new is their alignment with Apple/iTunes.

It's them versus the UltraViolet consortium. I think they sense the time is right to step back into online streaming given the success of UV.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Disney raised the price of its (1) day pass for entry to the Magic Kingdom to $99 (+ tax).

Their theme parks remain packed.

Their resort hotels are @ full occupancy.

They must be doing something right.

(signed: a DVC member since 96')

·
Registered
9,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9179mhb  /t/1519751/disney-launches-movie-streaming-service#post_24413568

Disney raised the price of its (1) day pass for entry to the Magic Kingdom to $99 (+ tax).

Their theme parks remain packed.

Their resort hotels are @ full occupancy.

They must be doing something right.

(signed: a DVC member since 96')
What would you expect from a dumbed down country that likes many of the TV shows AVS Forum members pan here?

·
Registered
5,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by En Sabur Nur  /t/1519751/disney-launches-movie-streaming-service/0_60#post_24411643

Great, more fragmentation in the video download market.

With iTunes commanding more than 65% of the non SVOD electronic market (last time I checked) why not go in that direction? IMO, UV is not the success story some try to make it out to be.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I expected this move, given the companies ties, but fragmentation is very consumer unfriendly. Ultimately, all of them are competing to be the big fish in a shrinking ocean. The sell-through market, digital or physical, is shrinking because the mainstream consumer is less and less interested in purchasing content.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts