AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
You really don't want me to do ya? Ok I will, but just for you. So does that mean Badder Santa is only coming to HD DVD? They had it wrong on the list when they included the BD release? Ok I'll leave now.... lol

·
Registered
701 Posts
For Disney to not release 'LOST' is mind boggling to me... especially if they're interested in helping the Blu-ray format...with Heroes getting a very high profile release in august on hd dvd, I thought Disney would want to capitalize with a similar release of Lost on blu-ray...guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the linked article /forum/post/0

However, Disney today informed us that both reports are erroneous, and that neither 'Lost' nor 'Badder Santa' are currently planned for high-def release. They also reiterated that they are Blu-ray exclusive, and have no plans to support HD DVD at this time (a recent IMDB report suggested otherwise).

What does it matter if they are exclusive IF THEY DO NOT RELEASE ANYTHING WORTH WATCHING?! The only thing they've released so far that's worth a crap are the PotC movies, and the second one is not exactly a great movie.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
However, Disney today informed us that both reports are erroneous, and that neither 'Lost' nor 'Badder Santa' are currently planned for high-def release. They also reiterated that they are Blu-ray exclusive, and have no plans to support HD DVD at this time (a recent IMDB report suggested otherwise).

for people too lazy to actually click on the article.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
They said "Lost: Season Three", so one and two are ok? And no surprise on "Bad Santa".

I keep getting the feeling that the Blu-Ray studio camp is like a retarded kindergarten class. Ok, who's eating the finger paint this time? Oh oh, sounds like a studio needs a nap.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephShaw /forum/post/0

What does it matter if they are exclusive IF THEY DO NOT RELEASE ANYTHING WORTH WATCHING?! The only thing they've released so far that's worth a crap are the PotC movies, and the second one is not exactly a great movie.

Wait till you see the third, the second is a work of art compared to it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yikes, what is going on here with BD studios? Fox is MIA and now Disney will be joining Fox? There are quite a few movies I would love to add to my collection from those 2 studios. Sigh.... Show us some luv for buying into the blu.....

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire99 /forum/post/0

They said "Lost: Season Three", so one and two are ok? And no surprise on "Bad Santa".

There was never a report, erroneous or otherwise, that said Lost: Seasons One and Two were coming out.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
No big loss really. Badder Santa was just a worse version of an already terrible movie, whereas Lost has no reason to be out until they bring out the FIRST season.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
that's why you're doing what you do, and the execs are doing what they do.

If we were all going by Dr.Kain's standards, we'd be watching some real junk.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brian /forum/post/0

No to "Badder Santa" and "Lost", and yes to "Are We Done Yet?" What the hell is wrong with Sony?

Badder Santa and Lost are Disney, not Sony. But I do agree. WTF is the BDA doing right now? It certainly doesn't seem to be doing anything worthwhile for those of us interested in their products.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well now I can hold off on a Blu Ray player.

LOST would of easily made me buy into the format alone...but now its really dissapointing.

Perhaps if both the second two Pirates were as good as the first I would buy in but they are both dissapointing compared to Pirates 1.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I wonder if there were concerns about congesting the lines when they would need to replicate 4 or 5 (or more) seperate discs per set, for what would be a popular seller- in a time frame that would have at least a 1/2 dozen big titles with higher than average prodcution runs?

If we see the set announced for a relatively slow period, that might be telling-

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Great now the only titles I have to look forward to this summer from Blu-ray are "Man on Fire" and "300".

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Its becoming very confusing as what is going on with BD titles and Blu ray in general.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrstevens421 /forum/post/0

Great now the only titles I have to look forward to this summer from Blu-ray are "Man on Fire" and "300".

BTW if your format neutral you might want to check out 300 in HD DVD...lots of extra features exclusive to HD DVD only!

Exclusive to HD DVD

* Game Vengeance and Valor: Lead More Spartan Warriors into Battle Against Xerxes' Forces and Test Your Combat-Hardened Knowledge of Tactics and Strategy

* PICK YOUR FAVORITE SCENES: Assemble Your Favorite Clips and Create Your Own Montage

* WEB-ENABLED FEATURES: Cool Mobile Downloads

* BLUESCREEN PICTURE-IN-PICTURE VERSION: Director Zack Snyder Compares the Pre-CGI-Enhanced Version to the Finished Film

1 - 20 of 103 Posts