AVS Forum banner

521 - 529 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
19,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #521 ·
The price increase is as a result of Star being added.
TBH, I haven't been following all the hype and ballyhooing at the Mouse House. What's Star? Like in Peter Pan. Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.

Reactions: aaronwt

·
Registered
551 Posts
TBH, I haven't been following all the hype and ballyhooing at the Mouse House. What's Star? Like in Peter Pan. Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
It is a new 'section' of Disney+ with more adult films (Die Hard series for example) and TV shows. It also has its own original content.

In my region there is another box to navigate to along with Marvel, Star Wars, etc. I think in the US, it is a bit different though. There are articles on the internet about it.

·
Registered
19,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
It is a new 'section' of Disney+ with more adult films (Die Hard series for example) and TV shows. It also has its own original content.

In my region there is another box to navigate to along with Marvel, Star Wars, etc. I think in the US, it is a bit different though. There are articles on the internet about it.
So a place to have the 20th Century Fox R rated catalog? Although I have to tell ya, when I read your first sentence about more adult films my mind went elsewhere. 😳 😆

·
Premium Member
35,924 Posts

Well, that makes the increase even worse as I don't believe Star content is accessible to US subscribers, at least I can't find any of it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well, that makes the increase even worse as I don't believe Star content is accessible to US subscribers, at least I can't find any of it.
Don't you get Hulu included with your subscription in the US though? I think that is where the Star content is for US subscribers.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hulu is a separate service in the US.
Oh OK. I vaguely remember reading that there was a bundle offer in the US when Star launched. Perhaps there is a combined price for Disney+ and Hulu.

It's a licensing schmozzle in the US which is why Star isn't integrated with Disney+ yet.

·
Premium Member
35,924 Posts
I wish it was part of Disney Plus US, I browsed the website a few weeks back and there’s a lot of content I’d be interested in seeing.

·
UHD Addict
38,384 Posts
Oh OK. I vaguely remember reading that there was a bundle offer in the US when Star launched. Perhaps there is a combined price for Disney+ and Hulu.

It's a licensing schmozzle in the US which is why Star isn't integrated with Disney+ yet.
5hey have a combined price with Disney+, Espn+, and Hulu. But for people like me who got the three year Disney deal and don't want ESPN+, you would have 5o pay more for it. I pay for Hulu commercial free separately.

Sent from my Tab A7 Gray

521 - 529 of 529 Posts