AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
19,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I threw caution to the wind and signed up. I'll pay the $6.99/month not to be locked into a 3 year contract. But I'm goofy like that.

https://preview.disneyplus.com

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Am I missing something or is pre-ordering not as cost affective as the Disney+ Hulu ESPN+ bundle?

Pre-ordering Disney+ ($6.99/mo. regular price) discounted $40 for 3 years = $4.72/mo. (saving $3.37/mo. if you include the $40).
All 3 services alone costs $17.97/mo. Bundle of all 3 will be $12.99/mo. (saving $4.98/mo.)
Prices exclude taxes.

Currently I already have Hulu, so to spend the extra $2 to have ESPN+ seems like a good idea.
For someone that can front the money and doesn't want or need Hulu or ESPN+, sure the 3 year pre-order can work out for them.
Someone previously mentioned that the bundle will have a lower limit of concurrent streams than buying the separate packages. If you don't care about ESPN, you aren't getting a better deal.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
When will the apps be released? Will we get a chance to download before the 12th or are we all going to be competing for the streaming device manufacturer's library as well as the studio's content library?

·
Registered
19,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
When will the apps be released? Will we get a chance to download before the 12th or are we all going to be competing for the streaming device manufacturer's library as well as the studio's content library?
Will be nice if they make the app available before the 12th. Or it's gonna be a blood mouse bath.

Reactions: tomanystraydogs

·
Registered
19,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Here's a list of the audio and video quality of shows in the Netherlands. This won't be exact for us when it launches on the 12th here. But it gives an idea of what will be in 4K/Atmos.

https://dlprumourtracker.blogspot.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just heard it's coming to the USA first, and Europe will follow in March 2020, more wait for me then :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I just heard it's coming to the USA first, and Europe will follow in March 2020, more wait for me then :rolleyes:
The Netherlands actually got it first. The US will it get on the 12th of November. Look on the bright side, the Ides Mouse of March will be here before you know it.;)

Reactions: paza

·
Registered
19,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
It's live. Looks like tonight will be a Mandalorian night.

·
Registered
19,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I'm watching right now on Apple TV and Android.
Watching Empire Strikes Back in both Dolby’s, Vision and Atmos!🤘

·
Premium Member
TV: LG 47LW5700, AVR: Onkyo TX-NR787, speakers: DCM KX speakers & 2 Panasonics, Dayton Audio sub
352 Posts
I'm glad that the versions of Star Wars episodes I-VI on Disney+ have the 20th Century Fox openings, presumably the openings from the 2011 Blu-rays. I haven't bought any of the Star Wars Blu-rays so I'm not certain if the openings here are exactly the same, but the openings from episodes IV-VI are not the openings from the original 1977, 1980, and 1983 versions. The versions of IV-VI on Disney+ are not the original versions. I presume that they're the versions from the 2011 Blu-rays. I haven't bought any of the Blu-rays, so again, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Disney Plus Dolby Atmos?

Is anyone else having an issue with the sound on Disney Plus?

Everything is just playing in 2 channel stereo for me. I can't find anywhere in the settings to adjust. Netflix and Amazon automatically play in Atmos or 5.1, whichever is available for the program.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Is anyone else having an issue with the sound on Disney Plus?

Everything is just playing in 2 channel stereo for me. I can't find anywhere in the settings to adjust. Netflix and Amazon automatically play in Atmos or 5.1, whichever is available for the program.
I streamed UHD HDR Dr Strange this afternoon and it played in 5.1. That was via the Disney+ app on a Roku Ultra connected via HDMI.

41 - 60 of 529 Posts