AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Disneyland with the wife and kids and they put on a water show where they shootup water into the sky creating a huge wall of water. They then shoot a movie image on the water wall using some type of digital front projector. It was very cool. They combine movie images with live characters on stage and on boats. They also use fireworks. In anycase, it was a novel way of using an LCD\\DLP\\DILA. I know they use Dilas in the parks, but have no waying of knowing what they using at this show since they project it from behind the wall of water.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Humey,

I saw that too at Disney World in FL. It was about 5 years ago now, I'm sure they upgraded their format by now. Even back then it looked quite impressive!

Mike

------------------

Let's go out to the lobby.

Let's go out to the lobby.

To have ourselves a snack!

[email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Humey,

Saw Fantasmic at Disney MGM in June. The (I assume) color lasers were great, but what blew me away was the sound. Absolutely the best large venue sound system I've ever heard. Tremendous power and clarity, absolutely flat response, near as I could tell. Had me babbling about the sound system to my wife on the way out.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I havent been to Disneyland in 12 years, so I guess its nothing new, but it was new to me. Yes the name of the

show is Fantasmic.

The sound was also very cool, talk about surround sound. Best use of rear speakers I have ever heard

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dean,

The only problem with that screen, is that you either have a high water bill or you have to keep it frozen. Then again, the cold from the frozen screen and the heat from the dila might make a perfect match

·
Registered
50 Posts
Now I can't wait for my projector.

I have a negative edge pool used in reverse. The wall of the pool facing the central room of my house is 5' above grade and 12' from the back of my house. I have 4 3hp pumps that draw water from the lower catch basin and pump it into the pool. The pool rises 1/2" and a 24' wide wall of water falls out of the pool back into the catch basin. I could project right through my back window onto this 5' high 24' wide wall of water. Dark cobalt blue tile is on the wall so at night only the water should reflect the projected image. My outside speakers are already in the eves of the house on either side of the wall of water.

LP530 due to ship 8-24

bids outstanding on LT-150

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Fire and Ice. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Actually I never had any issue with heat and my G15, but I did actually want to put a fountain in my home theater for ambiance, but later worried about the effect that the water and humidity would have on the screen and HT components and decided not to do it.

Maybe I'll find someone to film a fountain in HD and just run a loop on the HTPC.

-Dean.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Humey,

The source of the projection for Fantasmic is 70mm film. It's the same in Disneyworld (Disney/MGM), although it opened less than 5 years ago.

-Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.