AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello experts!

I'm new to calibrating and trying to learn as much as possible, but some of it simply goes above my head (possibly because English isn't my first language). Could someone be so kind as to explain to me what this error from DispcalGUI means? I have read the text but, well, I'm not really sure I understand it..

imgur.com/JZe3viO

(I'm unable to post images and links it seems, so you have to manually input or copy this URL to see the image)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Not sure if it's wise to reply to someone who calls himself TheForumTroll, but the question seems reasonable enough so here goes :)

You used either the option "check measurements automatically" (off by default) or you invoked it manually. This is meant to detect potential misreads. In normal program operation, there is no reason to use this option, ever. Only if you get suspicious profiling results, i.e. the self check error reported after profiling is grossly higher than an average dE of 1-3 and a maximum dE of 5-10, there may be reason to believe that this happened because of potential misreads, in which case the option can be used to check the measurement file, remove the misreads (put a red X before each misread) and re-create the profile. In your case, I see no indication of misreads whatsoever, so you should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts