AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently finished a house remodel which included a Home Theater room in the basement. In the spirit of giving the room some new toys, I bought some new Klipsch speakers and built a high end HTPC. I will be using my existing Denon AVR-3803 receiver and possibly my Mitsubishi rear projection.


It is the latter that provoked my dilema. I am now contemplating a new display!


The room is 12' x 24'. The way the room is laid out, I could situate the seating any where from 12' to 22' away from the display. This gives me a lot of options. So, I am thinking about going with a Projector but I am having a hard time realizing the pros and cons compared to my rear projection HDTV.


70% of the time, I will be watching DVD's. The other 30% will be watching TV...both standard and high definition.


So, my question is: is there any advantage to going with a projector other than the size? I figured I could go up to 8' x 6' of viewing pleasure but will I be dissappointed with the quality compared to my Mitsu?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?


Basically what I am wondering is if there are any disadvantages with trading in my rear projection for a digital projector!


Thanks in advance!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,477 Posts
The main disadvantage is having to keep the room more or less dark near the screen and having to use an external sound source such as a reciever.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top