AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never paid much attention to it but I'm using a Generic Plug and Play Display driver in my HTPC. Is there something better that I should be using for my Sony 1270? I imagine that this would probably make a big difference and I feel stupid for not thinking about this earlier.

·
Registered
767 Posts
What format and resolution are you trying to use and for what content. Are you projecting DVDs or computer content.

Marc

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Driver doesn't matter, it just sets which resolutions and refresh rates are possible and has zero to do with picture quality. What may be of use is color calibration settings as seen in display properties, color management tab.

You can create your own color calibration file using a program such as 3deep from http://www.colorific.com/ which is a bandaid to proper projector calibration but also very easy to do compared to say mucking up reference white balance blindly.

The web site says it's going away, discontinued, so act fast. :)

(As in download the trial and don't buy because even support is going bye bye.

tip: create your calibration file, go into explorer and copy it to a new name, then ditch the nagging program and use the renamed file.

Powerstrip is still the way to go to create the perfect resolution to exactly match optimum for your pj.

Troy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.