AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a portable A/V setup for small conference rooms. For a cart, we are considering a Jaco product with flat screen mount used by some of my colleagues - very stable, welded design, etc.

Our conference rooms are a bit bright, but a bigger issue is that many of them have seating that would be considered very off-angle. That leads me to think plasma might be our best option. Most of our laptops have VGA ports, and people are accustomed to 1024x768 presentations from our projectors. Clients bring in DVDs and the like for viewing, also.

Based on CNET reviews and discussions here the Samsung PNC8000 or 7000 lines would be good, but those are rather high-end for our needs. Is there another model that provides good or excellent performance in regards to bright rooms, off-angle viewing, SD video, and PC connections?

Actually, I have similar issues at home regarding brightness, angle, and SD as our wide screen Sony tube is getting cranky.

Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Use a professional display for a professional application. The Panasonic THxxPH20U and PF series will probably cost less than the Samsungs you are looking at and will have minimalist design (who wants to see their reflection in a glossy bezel,) longer life expectancy, be brighter than comparable consumer plasmas, have modular connectivity (including excellent, inexpensive wireless connectivity,) have timed functions for automated on/off and input changing, the list goes on and on.

Also check out the Omnimount PROHDCART as a cart option

1 - 2 of 2 Posts