AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here and not completely savvy with some of this stuff.

I have a question in regards to the new Samsung BD-UP5000 to see if this could be bug related or a incompatibility somewhere or something that I can easily fix. If not, my next plan is to return BD-UP5000 unit.

So, here is the setup and the issue.

I currently have a Samsung LCD HDTV (LN-S4695D) and a Optoma HD80 DLP Projector Display. I watch Blu-Ray movies on my Samsung BD-P1000 (yeah it's old) and I watch HD-DVD movies (and play) on my XBOX360.

So, everything works on both displays with any output. Now, I got the new BD-UP5000 yesterday and replace the BD-P1000. I get video and audio fine on both displays. However, on my projector I get a pink/purple like color from the BD-UP5000 (watching a movie or not). The picture quality on Samsung LCD HDTV looks great! Just not on my projector display.

Nothing was changed on none of the systems. I thought it was an issue with the projector, but when I turn on my XBOX360 and reconnect the old Samsung BD-P1000 the video is fine.

Is anyone running into this? Is this a potential bug on the Samsung BD-UP5000? Is their a possible incompatibility issue here? Is there anything I need to do with my equipment?

Please advise because my goal is I don't want to scarface my projector for a Duo HD player (that isn't ready for prime time), where I can get a dedicated Blu-ray player that works and wait until Samsung and vendors figure it out.

Thanks in advanced!

cp

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Might be better to post these kinds of questions in the owners sticky as there more "eyes" in there. What type of connection are you going through to your projector?. Are you having the same issues on both displays?. Have you tire reseating the cables on the BDUP5000?. Tired a different input method?

·
Registered
95 Posts
How are they connected?

Does your projector support 1080i or 1080p?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I know on some DVD/HD cable boxes if you don't have it set to component video (in menu) it displays composite video through one of the 3 component video connections but IIRC the BD-UP5000 has a separate composite video.

Perhaps you don't have the component video cables wired properly as switching the blue an green/red can cause issues with the guns not looking proper [or accidentally plugging the red component video into the audio right (they're both red) and wondering why everything looks all brown
(I did this recently with my cable box thinking they plugged in a L shape instead of vertical straight and the L/R audio ran along the top) ]

·
Registered
54 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts