AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a new pc with a geforce 310 in it. Have the pc connected to an LCD monitor via DVI and have it also connected to my projector (VPL HS20) via HDMi (thru my Sony DH800). All is working fine except for the display on the projector.

It's not displaying the full image. If I select cloned image its ok, but drops the res on the monitor from 1080P to lower (projector is 720p) . I have now fixed this issue as the res is outputted for the monitor at 1080p and 720p for the projector.

Besides that, HDCP doesn't work in Cloned mode. I've tried the windows settings and also tried fiddling with the Nvidia control panel to no avail. The projector is an extended part of the desktop and I'm out of ideas and searching and googling hasn't turned up much.

Just looking to run MCE 7. Are people cloning their desktops or what? Little bit confused and lost right now!

Appreciate any help

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Try AnyDVD HD and see if it allows for dual display HDCP. In an older setup I had a HD2400 with Dual DVI connected to a TV and PJ at the same time in Clone Mode; AnyDVD was running and no HDCP problems, hence I assume it should work for you too.

In my next build I had one HDMI out and I used to manually switch between my TV and PJ. I know its not the answer you want but since neither one runs at the same time, I find it easier to get up and switch out the cable. Also, my TV was 1360x768 and my PJ was 1280x720, so I switched resolutions too.

Sometimes keeping things simple is better instead of trying to go around it.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Is the image on the projector is med in cutting off the edges or is it zoomed out having black borders on all sides? If the former then see if the projector has a setting to disable overscnning. If the later then try sending it it's native resolutin which is 1366x768 instead of sending it 1280x720.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts