AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up my first HTPC and connecting it to my existing home theater. I have the PC built and am now trying to understand all of these resolution settings. My projector is a Sanyo PLC-XP21N. It's an LCD projector originally built for PC presentations, although it does do HDTV as well (1080i - 60hz, 1080i - 50hz, 720P) and here are the specs:

# pixels: 2,359,296 {786,462 (1,024 X 768) * 3}

Color system: 6 color system (PAL, SECAM, NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL-M and PAL-N)

Scan Freq: H-sync 15 ~ 100 kHz

V-sync 50 - 100 Hz

Horiz. resolution: 800 TV Lines.

My HTPC has a Radeon AIW 9600 Pro. I am connecting to the projector via the VGA connection.

I have seen many posts on this site concerning scan rates and horizontal lines for outputting to an HDTV. My projector is HDTV capable, but it is an LCD projector, do I need to worry about getting the # of horiz. lines and scan frequencies to match like other HDTV's? I was using it just like a computer moniter. I have the resolution set at 1024 X 768 (I heard you should match your screen resolution to your projector's native resolution). But am not sure what to set the scan rate at. I have tried many settings, all the way up to 120 Hz, and they all look much the same. I also tried setting the resolution to 1920 X 1080 at a 60 hz scan rate, but that caused cropping of the desktop and a "virtual screen" (ie, the desktop scrolled to fit everything on there) I intend on downloading powerstrip to resolve that, but I have a feeling I'll be even more lost when I start digging into that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have read many of the posts on this and other sites regarding getting this configured, but am still lost as I do not know if this applies to my projector. I was really kind of hoping someone could tell me what resolutions I should be trying to configure...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.