AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hey....I need some help......I am in the process of purchasing my first projector and had my eyes on a MIT HD1000u but was at a local electronics shop which had a Sharp XV-Z3000 set up. They are no longer carrying this model (actually this was the only model projector they had so maybe they are getting out of the projector biz) and I can pick it up for under $1500 for a 4 year warranty (which includes bulb replacements and if they can't fix it I get 80% back)....what do you all think?....The picture looked great (even thou they were using Direct TV as opposed to a HD dvd) and they even admitted that it wasn't set up correctly (the picture extended beyond the borders of the screen, etc).....Anyways I hadn't looked at this model before (was trying to stay under $1000) but if this is a good deal I just may spring for the extra cash....please let me know what you think and thanks for reading this thread.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
As long as the hours on it are low enough...BUY IT! I wish I had it. I have it's sister, the DT-500 which is the same except for no 2nd iris. I love it!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

Quote:
As long as the hours on it are low enough...BUY IT! I wish I had it. I have it's sister, the DT-500 which is the same except for no 2nd iris. I love it!

Agree completely!! I also have the DT-500, and I love it!! I only wish I had a light controlled room so I didn't have to wait until dark to watch it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts