AVS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jeremy,

Please see my post a couple of posts up.

I urge you to sign up to the Intel Communities site and advise you are having this issue as well.

Right now as it stands I am the only person according to them with this problem so I don't think they are interested in looking at it from their end.

Thanks
yeah, was planning on getting to that... although seeing their response to you makes a person want to bang their head against the wall. They are basically doing anything but answering any of your questions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So with the release of the new crimson drivers, and the release Club 3d DP to HDMI 2.0 and Accell DP to HDMI 2.0 dongles i was excited to be able to try my R9 290 at 4k 60hz.... then the fun began.

1st Club 3d dongle arrived after much anticipated waiting...

Plugged it in, and got [email protected] Went to UHD 4k (3xxx x 2160p) and get this error:

I though oh well maybe its my Pioneer Elite SC81 in the middle... so went directly to my LG 65UF6450 HDMI 1 ([email protected] port)...

Same error.

Club 3d game me a firmware update for the dongle, which i applied and still was unable to get 4k @ 60hz.

So i figured it was a faulty adapter. Ordered an Accell one, and another club 3d.

Few weeks later the club 3d adapter #2 showsup.

Plug it in... same error! :mad: :mad::mad::mad:

Now im pulling hairs....

I happened to be installing a full water loop in my friends computer who has a R9 290x, so why not Plug in dongle and hook it up to the TV. BOOM instantly UHD 4k @ 60hz!

So now im confused. R9 290x works with no issues, but the R9 290 does not want to do 4k 60hz...

Fire up GPUz to see the differences... and there it is... UEFI bios box is unchecked on the R9 290 but checked on the R9 290x....

HMMMMMM

Back to the days of mining days i remember flash bios on other cards and start looking around for UEFI R9 290 bios...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1551358/r9-290-uefi-reference-bios

And there it is, Stilt has a bios up... so why not lets flash the cards.

Flash the cards using the ATIFLASH methods from the R9 290->290x unlock thread

Fire up GPUz and boom UEFI box is checked.

Push UHD 4k @ 60hz and it works!

So now im all happy, and decided to plug in the 2nd card... AND BACK TO SQUARE ONE. No 4k @ 60hz!!!

Re flash re install drivers etc....

THen i remmeber the CRU utility, and fire that up and force 4k @ 60hz through the utility and FINALLLY windows sees it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got several for the Club3D CAC-1170 today and they are not working on my Intel NUC6i5SYK or NUC6i5SYH with Windows 10 or OpenELEC. Let's see what Club3D support has to say...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I finally got my Club 3d 1070 adapter. Switched from my (cheap/passive) Accell adapter (which is pushing 4K @ 60hz just fine) to the new Club 3D (active) adapter and got a black screen. That was when the fun began. I tried using TeamViewer to change resolutions and refresh rates, but nothing. Bios post screen and Windows loading splash screen displayed fine during reboots. But when it loads into Windows goes back to a blank/black screen. So, I switched back to the Accell and IT didn't work either.

Spent the last day trying all sorts of combinations of rebooting the computer and switching resolutions/settings. Finally I decided to check if there was an Nvidia Control Panel/driver update, which there was. I installed that and the old Accell adapter is working now. But I want 4:4:4!

Seems that the Nvidia Control Panel program is having serious problems handling 4K/my card/my TV. Does anyone else have problems with the Nvidia Control Panel? Here is what I have:

Samsung UN48UNJU6500FXZA
Quadro K2000
Club 3D 1070 adapter (or Accell)
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

So, the Club adapter has its own driver...? The Club 3D website is apparently down right now, so I can't check there. Sigh...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spent the last day trying all sorts of combinations of rebooting the computer and switching resolutions/settings. Finally I decided to check if there was an Nvidia Control Panel/driver update, which there was. I installed that and the old Accell adapter is working now. But I want 4:4:4!
So after a few more reboots and device manager refreshes, I was able to get the TV/card and the 1070 adapter to display at 1080p. However, when I switch to 4K anything with the Club 3D, I get a slightly purple flickering screen.

The "cheap" Accell adapter is working fine @4K @60hz. But again, no 4:4:4. That is whole reason we want to get this Club 3D adapter. Is Club 3D lying to us? I haven't seen anyone on this thread who has successfully been able to get 4k @60 hz with 4:4:4. Anyone?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
The "cheap" Accell adapter is working fine @4K @60hz. But again, no 4:4:4. That is whole reason we want to get this Club 3D adapter. Is Club 3D lying to us? I haven't seen anyone on this thread who has successfully been able to get 4k @60 hz with 4:4:4. Anyone?

I had similar issues and it was the HDMI cable I was using. Swapped it out for a high quality 4K/UHD rated one (27Gbps+)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
@PeterTHX, is the Club 3D cable giving you 4:4:4 now? Noone else has reported that they have been able to get 4:4:4 with it...

Ah nuts. I didn't think to check 4:4:4 (I was mainly concerned with 2160p & 60Hz) and the machine has been taken apart. Will try to check sometime next week. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got mine. I was waiting for it for some time but filially got it and I am supper happy it is truly HDMI 2.0 and I get [email protected] at 4:4:4 :)
Any tips you can provide? I just got mine yesterday and can't get it to do 3840x2160 60hz 4:4:4 on my UN40JU6500FXZA. Video source is a GTX 680 (yeah, it's old but it does what I need). The TV's set to PC mode and UHD color is enabled on the port (HDMI 1). All I get is a mostly blue screen with a flickering band at the bottom. I can get 30Hz 4:4:4 and RGB through the adapter but I can get those straight from the HDMI port. Heck, I can get 60Hz 4:2:0 through the HDMI port. The only reason to get the adapter is to get 4:4:4 color. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any tips you can provide? I just got mine yesterday and can't get it to do 3840x2160 60hz 4:4:4 on my UN40JU6500FXZA. Video source is a GTX 680 (yeah, it's old but it does what I need). The TV's set to PC mode and UHD color is enabled on the port (HDMI 1). All I get is a mostly blue screen with a flickering band at the bottom. I can get 30Hz 4:4:4 and RGB through the adapter but I can get those straight from the HDMI port. Heck, I can get 60Hz 4:2:0 through the HDMI port. The only reason to get the adapter is to get 4:4:4 color. :(
My experience has been similar. But I don't even get a blue screen. The screen doesn't do anything, straight black/blank. I have a UN48JU6500FXZA and my video card is a Quadro K2000.

Here are some suggestions I got from Club 3D support:

• color depth needs to be 8 bit
  • turn off GPU scaling
  • make sure HDMI cable is capable of at least 18 Gbps
  • there is also a firmware update for the dongle itself, thought you have to have the dongle plugged in to apply it
I have done all but the last and still can't get 4:4:4.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My experience has been similar. But I don't even get a blue screen. The screen doesn't do anything, straight black/blank. I have a UN48JU6500FXZA and my video card is a Quadro K2000.

Here are some suggestions I got from Club 3D support:

• color depth needs to be 8 bit
  • turn off GPU scaling
  • make sure HDMI cable is capable of at least 18 Gbps
  • there is also a firmware update for the dongle itself, thought you have to have the dongle plugged in to apply it
I have done all but the last and still can't get 4:4:4.
UpTab responded to my inquiry and pointed me at a thread from 2014 that hinted people on another forum had success doing a clean install of the Nvidia drivers without the GeForce experience. Of course it had nothing to do with this adapter since it didn't exist in 2014 but I figured it couldn't hurt. I tried that and now I can't get 4k to work through the adapter at any refresh rate. The driver crashes if I hook up the 4k display to the adapter. :rolleyes:

I'll let them have a few more tries before I return it. Amazon doesn't have the Accell or Club3D in stock so I've got nothing else to try for now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Question: This won't magically enable [email protected] 10bpc 4:4:4 on an Nvdia/AMD graphics card? HDCP 2.2 is still hogging the pipe, right?
As far as I am aware, you are correct. You'd be limited to 8bpc with those settings.

Also, FWIW, the new firmware for Club3D adapter works better for me, allowing additional refresh rates to work. Unfortunately for me, while my TV will take the [email protected] signal fine it drops frames when it displays it. :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi
I want to buy this product

w ww.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/displayport-12-to-hdmi-20-uhd-active-adapter.html

My tv 4K UHD but no Hdmi 2.0

Can l reach 2160p 60Hz...

MyTv is : w ww.philips.co.uk/c-p/49PUS7809_12/7800-series-ultra-slim-smart-4k-ultra-hd-led-tv-with-ambilight-2-sided-and-pixel-precise-ultra-hd/specifications

·
Registered
5 Posts

The Club3D CAC-1070 adapter indicates that it can only do 4:2:0 color at 3840x2160 at 60hz at 10 bit. I believe the Samsung UN40JU6500FXZA is a 10-bit screen. That may be why you can not get 4:4:4 color. The adapter can do 4:4:4 color at 8 bit.

Please see the spec page for the adapter (I cannot post the link per forum terms).

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi
I want to buy this product

w ww.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/displayport-12-to-hdmi-20-uhd-active-adapter.html

My tv 4K UHD but no Hdmi 2.0

Can l reach 2160p 60Hz...

MyTv is : w ww.philips.co.uk/c-p/49PUS7809_12/7800-series-ultra-slim-smart-4k-ultra-hd-led-tv-with-ambilight-2-sided-and-pixel-precise-ultra-hd/specifications
Here are the tv specs:

Computer inputs on all HDMI:

up to FHD 1920 x 1080 @60 Hz
4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 @30 Hz

Video inputs on all HDMI:

up to FHD 1920 x 1080p
@ 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 Hz
up to 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160p
@24, 25, 30 Hz

No. You are limited to 30 Hz at 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160. You need a HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.0a connection on the tv to get to 60 Hz at 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160.

HDMI 1.4 supports 4K resolutions, but only at 24 or 30 frames per second. That works fine for movies, but isn’t useful for gaming and many TV broadcasts, which require 50 or 60 fps. Also, HDMI 1.4 limits 4K Ultra HD content to 8-bit color, though it is capable of 10 or 12-bit color. HDMI 2.0 fixes all of that because it can handle up to 18 gigabits per second — more than enough bandwidth to allow for 12-bit color and video up to 60 frames per second.

201 - 220 of 232 Posts