Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got a JVC PD-42WV74 on 30 day return privilege and find that I like the media receiver in concept and use so far.

I'd like to get opinions regarding the cons of a plasma display with a media receiver:

In general would it be more likely to have a problem accomodating inputs if I have a media receiver vs. a panel without one ?

Are there any manufacturers/models that have upgradeable media receivers or are planning new technology input cards for current or previous models?

I know the commercial Pannys and Pioneers provide slots and cards, but is there any plan to provide newer technology inputs on these cards in the future?

Are there any displays that have or will support two or more DVI/HDMI with HDCP inputs (media receiver or not)?

Thanks,

Lee

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
The biggest "con" on the media boxes is that they are not upgradeable at all - so you are stuck with whatever inputs they have and scaling electroniics definciencies. The Pioneer and Panasonic commercial models have plug in cards, so you can upgrade with 3rd party cards like Auroras models with higher-end scaling and other features - they have added DVI support which the original Pioneer card didn't have for example. With Panasonic's latest commercial models they have multiple slots so you can customize the types of inputs at will - plug in 2 DVI cards if you want 2 DVI ports no problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.