Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Well, after almost 6 months using mu Infocus LP425 I have started to think if I´m doing anything wrong. I can´t seem to get the picture any good. I´ve seen projectors such as the PLV-30 and Philips Monroe, and I think they are far superiour. I know that these are LCD models and both rather fresh on the market . But is they really this much better or is it just me not getting the Infocus properly calibrated.

Anybody here that can help me tweak it?

I use a Sony DVP-S7700 with s-video interconnects.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
HTPC via VGA input will vastly improve picture on digital projector. Progressive STB DVD player like RP56, RP91, Q50 will be better via component-->VGA input but won't beat HTPC. Better Svideo cables may help to as video is much more sensitive to artifacts than audio. Get Avia or Video Essential DVD to calibrate colors and grayscale. External scalers/deinterlacers for Svideo or composite sources may help too though won't be as good as getting HTPC. Changing bulb may help as bulb tends to dim over time. If you can see another 425z in action then you can know if yours is suboptimal. Comparing yours versus different model is like comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately the LP-425 doesnt support component as far as I know.

I´ve tried using several calibration discs but it just gets worse, same problem when I use them to calibrate my TV.

The bulb has just passed 300 hours so that shouldnt be a problem really.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Huey is correct - an HTPC will help immensely.

I used a 425z from work a few weekends before buying my LP530. With PowerDVD & a PC, the image was wonderful for such an inexpensive projector - not perfect, but very viewable.

Like you, I did not like the image from an S-video connection to my Sony DVD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.