AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to build false wall with AT Screen.

Is there a minimum distance between the back of the speakers and the front wall.

I am thinking leaving 2 feet of space behind the false wall. The screen will be seymore av centerstage xd. they recommend the front of the speaker to be 2 inches from screen. I am planning to use PSB image T6 which are 15 inch deep. That leaves me about 5-6 inches from the treated front wall and back of speakers. Is that enough. the speakers are front ported if that makes a difference.

Also if i am placing the FLR speakers and 2 subs behind the false wall (room width 14 feet) after treating the corners with bass traps i am ending with about 17-19 inches between the center and left/right speaker. is that enough.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
2ft is a good distance. If you are using large subs maybe leave 2.5ft. You will probably want to block the ports of the speakers as having a port 2" from the screen will cause issues! The port output can cause the screen material to vibrate. I've only seen it really with subwoofer ports but it could theoretically happen with a main speaker also. You might consider going the whole hog and building a THX style baffle wall

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyal Mellor  /t/1521018/distance-between-front-wall-and-speakers#post_24440166

2ft is a good distance. If you are using large subs maybe leave 2.5ft. You will probably want to block the ports of the speakers as having a port 2" from the screen will cause issues! The port output can cause the screen material to vibrate. I've only seen it really with subwoofer ports but it could theoretically happen with a main speaker also. You might consider going the whole hog and building a THX style baffle wall

Enjoyed your article about thx style baffle wall

Probably not an option for me . Thanks for your advice. Is the space between the speakers an issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts