AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd get the general consensus of what is recommended for how close you put a speaker to the back of an AT woven screen? Don't see this talked about much. Just upgraded LCRs and have had an AT setup for years and experimented going from almost touching screen to a foot back without any difference. Need to get a mic I know and do A/B response runs. Using Elite 125" 1080p2 AT woven screen and JBL 3677s.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for posting this question. I am building my basement theater and debating between bigger screen and have in wall speakers or smaller screen and mounted or stand speakers. I am leaning more towards bigger screen which means speakers go behind and I would like to know the answer of your question as well.

also have to dig out avs to see how to mount screen with minimal expense (without building another frame), if the suggested distance between the screen and speakers is more.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
A quality woven AT screen can be mounted as close as ~1" to the speakers, as they are designed to hang directly over in-wall speakers. Lower quality woven or perforated vinyl screens need up to ~12" spacing from the speakers and heavy baffle wall absorption to treat the back wave sound reflections.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
371 Posts
A quality woven AT screen can be mounted as close as ~1" to the speakers, as they are designed to hang directly over in-wall speakers. Lower quality woven or perforated vinyl screens need up to ~12" spacing from the speakers and heavy baffle wall absorption to treat the back wave sound reflections.

Cheers,
Chris
Thank you Chris

·
Registered
105 Posts

Cheers,
Chris
Glad I'm about to purchase a Seymour then!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts