AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, construction is just starting on our new place and I need to figure a few things out. I'm going to be doing full automation of as much as possible. I definitely want to do WHA and any system I get would need RS-232 control capabilites. Here is a floor plan http://vallagio.com/expressive_homes...s/unit_2_1.pdf . Note that the basement is not going to be finished as shown. We will be leaving it as one open room with a bathroom at the bottom right (next to the furnace/water heated).

What zones do you think would be appropriate? I was thinking the three bedrooms, loft, basement, share one for the dining room/kitchen. I do think it would be nice to have audio in the bathrooms (at least those attached to the bedrooms), but most likely in the same zone as the attached bedrooms. How would you accomplish this, as every system I have seen only has 2 speaker outputs per zone.

Thanks a lot for any help.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRichmond /forum/post/0

What zones do you think would be appropriate? I was thinking the three bedrooms, loft, basement, share one for the dining room/kitchen. I do think it would be nice to have audio in the bathrooms (at least those attached to the bedrooms), but most likely in the same zone as the attached bedrooms.

I would add a zone to your outside deck. You might want to put some speakers there some day. Also, how about the great room? That looks like a good place to put some ceiling speakers too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I think I'm going to wire the deck and probably put some speakers out there. I was debating with the great room because I was thinking that I could just put 2 speakers nicely spaced in the kitchen, which would fill the dining room, kitchen, and great room.

The biggest issue I'm trying to figure out is how I can go about putting say 4 speakers (for example 2 in the MBR and 1 dual channel speaker in the Master bath) on one zone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You could put two wired zones in one room, but program it to treat it as one zone. I wouldn't split the 2 speaker signals to 4, because you'll lose the amperage.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I will do is use the preouts on each separate zone with an external amplifier. That way I could put a VC in the bathrooms also, but still be on the same zone as the bedrooms. For an amp I found the nuvo NV-P2100, but that is a full 200 watts. Anyone know of any other options?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.