Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone

i am seriously considering ditching my sb live mp3 +5.1 card with a hoontech breakout for a m-audio card. im confused on features and options and was hoping for some help from m audio owners.

what i need: i need a toslink dig out to my denon ht recevier. i also need to use analog output to go to my whole house audio amp. i dont need to run different sources at the same time. i just want to be able to control the audio from another room without having to switch outputs on the soundcard.

i started comparing my original cd's to my ripped versions.... and was disappointed with the difference in sound quality. i am using my sb live (hoontech) toslink out to my denon. the sound just isnt as good as the cd. i was expecting a little loss from the compression, but this was very noticably different (even to my untuned ears) im assuming with all the buzz... the m audio cards are far superior to the sb live.

i see the audiophile 24/ 96, the delta dio 24/96. the delta has the toslink. is it basically the same card with different connectoing plate options?? id consider staying analog only and going with the audiophile if it was better.

i really want to take my computer sound up a level. even though im not using the htpc for movies, adding dd and dts output would be a nice feature to have in the soundcard as well.

please offer any suggestions!

thanks

chris

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.