AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the Diva 6.1 vs ACI Sapphire III speakers thread with interest. Has anyone compared either with Aerial Acoustics? While I'm personally a planar fan, the Aerials are far and away my favorite cone speakers, and I never hesitate to recommend them. Since the posters in the aforementioned thread want to keep it specific to those two brands, I started a new thread.

Thanks!

Seth

·
Registered
350 Posts
Seth, I like Aerial speakers a lot. In fact, the LR5 and CC5 were top contenders for the dedicated HT I'm planning. Now that ACI has come out with the Veritas series, it has become my first choice for the HT. I've had tremendous success with the Sapphire IIIs and the Jaguars I currently own. Their format just doesn't lend itself to the HT I'm putting together. The Veritas definitely does. They just started shipping the Veritas within the last month so I haven't heard a lot on them yet. Everything I've heard has been good, hopefully owners will start to report on them in the forums. Everything I've seen on the Veritas leads me to believe it should be phenominal.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I am a contributer to the Sapphire thread. I auditioned the 6.1s this past week. My complete review will be posted when I come back from vacation in one week.

I will say that the Sapphire IIIs beat the 6.1s for music, no questions. I will give detailed reasons for this statement in my review (I really don't want to post it now, since I won't be able to 'defend' myself from the Church of Diva while I am in Aruba).

I will say that for HT, the Divas are better. I am a critical when it comes to music and the Sapphires have, in my opinion, a large edge over the 6.1s.

That should be enough to stir a few people up :) (not my intention - as these are *my* opinions and my taste in speakers).

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yes and no. We both have Denon receivers, and we both used the Denon DACs instead of our CD player DACs. The rooms are similar, but not the same. I know - everyone is going to say this is why they didn't sound better. Room acoustics have nothing to do with why I did not prefer them. I have heard the Sapphires in the worst rooms (tiny cramped apartment vs 20x22 room) and the 'flaws' the Divas have that I do not like are never present in the Sapphires. The 'flaws' I do not like I have heard in many showrooms with Paradigm, B&W (low end), and many others. I have brought those speakers home to audition against the Sapphires and the 'flaws' still existed. No, that dosen't mean it would hold true for the Divas, but the are not magical (well, that I know of..they seem to have put a curse on some people :) ).

I am not going to go into detail because I do not have the time right now. I promise a detailed review that you can rip apart at your leisure when I get back :)

To really mix things up - even thought I don't prefer them for music dosen't mean I am not considering a pair.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Well I won't rip apart what you say I just know that I've heard the 6.1's in several different rooms and if I had one of these rooms as my only exposure I would not like the Diva's at all. But luckily I (for me) that isn't my only experience with them.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I do plan on listening in another home if one comes available. Different setups do affect the sound, but I do not think that what I heard will go away.

More in a week. Time to finish packing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Aerial builds great sounding speakers. So does ACI, haven't heard Diva. I have to say that the ACI Sapphire IIIs I've listened to do so many things right and are so musical it is amazing. I get the picture that at least until recently ACI was almost strictly a stereo speaker company with few in roads into home theater. Their new stuff looks extremely intriguing. I'd love to buy Aerial LR5s, and the center from my front channels but about $3500 each is probably too rich for my blood. I could have three of the ACI Veritas for about the price of one LR5! Judging by the company reputation and how it looks like the Veritas is designed, I'm hoping to hear them soon.

·
Registered
505 Posts
There is no chance I'm going to get into a point ,count point thread that has Diva in the title but I will say this. I've heard all three and own the LR5, CC5 combination. It's costly but very very good.

Good Luck

Ken

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Stokes
There is no chance I'm going to get into a point ,count point thread that has Diva in the title but I will say this. I've heard all three and own the LR5, CC5 combination. It's costly but very very good.

Good Luck

Ken
Ken

The LR5--CC5 combo is really top notch. Have you heard the new ACI Veritas yet? TIA.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Haven't heard the Veritas. Please let me say that I think ACI is a good company with a very good product. They are made in the Midwest and the company has a long track record. The Sapphire IIIs I heard were very good, just not in the same league. None of these are Bose and I'm sure you will be happy with any of them.

Ken

PS ACI has a forum at SMR with the owner participating regularly if you have any questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.