AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Diva speakers as good for home theaters as they are for music? Would you recommend them for home theaters, or is there another manufacture (in Diva's price range) who is better suited for this?

Thank you

-Tim

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Timwit,

Sorry you had to bump your own thread. I would have jumped in sooner, but I'm well known to be pretty biased in favor of the Divas, so my opinion may not help you much. :) But to answer your question, yes the Divas are excellent HT speakers. Any good musical speaker should make a good Home Theater speaker, and the Divas are fast, articulate, dynamic and have fantastic transient response. Every time I throw on a good action flick, they still bring a smile to my face, and I've had them for nearly a year now. They seem to perform extraordinarily well for both music and HT applications. Very versatile. If you have any more specific questions, I'll try to help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Does anyone know why Swan makes the impedence of the rear speakers (4 ohms) different from that of the fronts & center (8 ohms for the 6.1s and C3)?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
The 2.1's which are most commonly used for rears are 8 ohm. The 4.1's which are used for mains and rears are actually 6 ohm although they are listed on the swans site as 4 ohms.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Russ. I should have specified that I was referring to the R3 rear surround speakers, which are listed at 4 ohms. I would have like to see 4 ohms all around on the Divas in order to get more out of my amp. I was under the impression that higher end speakers were designed at lower ohm ratings since they are typically matched with high end amps that can easily deliver the current at 4 ohms. I am confused as to why the surrounds would be 4 ohms and other speakers at 8 (and 6) ohms.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
799 Posts
Let me add to your poll specification. I use my Diva (6.1/C3/R3) system predominantly for Hi-Rez/multi-channel music without a SW and love it.

PF

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I never have understood why they couldn't match up the ohms all the way around one way or the other either.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Sorry, I forgot about the R3's since I don't have them. I never have understood why they couldn't match up the ohms all the way around one way or the other either.

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
A little off-topic...

PF -

Do you use an ICBM (Outlaw or otherwise) for your multi-channel applications? If not, would you if you used a sub? What are your thoughts on this? Anyone else is welcome to comment :)

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
799 Posts
Brian, I don't have an ICBM in my system for I plan on eventually be using close to full range speakers all around but probably have to add a SW (?Diva) later to accommodate some bass predominant softwares.

PF

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hi Brian. I just wanted to let you know that I've had an ICBM in my Diva system for many months now. The Blue Man Group DVD-A has very high energy subsonics that the Divas were not designed to replicate andf the The ICBM works like a charm - I love it :)

I thought this would be OK for me to post since we do not sell the ICBM, if anyone takes offense, please let me know

Mike, I posted in the other thread regarding the impedance issue...

Regards,

Sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.