AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just going to give you my initial thoughts on the Diva Speakers. I'am finishing up on my first dedicated home theater room. After rounding up all my components...the last was speakers. I searched high and low and finally ran across some info on the divas here. After reading all the great reviews I decided to pay ********** a visit. As I was browsing the website I noticed that they had a "summer special". It includes the 6.1, C3, and R3's for a tad over $2k shipped. I already had my four surrounds speakers hooked up. I went with Polk Audio rt25i's due to the similar finish as the Divas and the smaller size. Well yesterday after biting my fingernails all afternoon I get a call. It's the frieght truck needing directions to my location. I gave it to him and he arrived about 10 mins later. We opened the back of the truck and there they were. HUGE BOXES. I was a little worried because some of them were bashed in and some had gashes. I carefully inspected it and thanks to av123's excellent packaging the inside "box" was fine. We loaded these monsters off and sat them in the garage. The guy was asked me what the heck did I order...I simply said speakers. By the look of the boxes you would think the 6.1's are huge...and well...you'd be right! I tore open the boxes like a child on Chirstmas morning and behold...I reached the pinnacle...the white cloth bag that protects the speakers. I carefully pryed the 6.1's out of the box(s) and what a sight! Finely finshed black tops, and wood that looks like some of my antique furniture! Wow...I'am happy now! After 30 mins or so and another 30 minutes of cursing I finally got the set of 6.1's up to the 3rd floor. I had a much better look at them and was still impressed. I gleefully attached the gold stands and peeled back the speaker grills...WOW...they look even better. Hell I might just keep them off! After rushing to make some speaker cables & banana plugs I fired up my Denon 4802 and put some jazz music on. What a heavenly sound! I was a little concerned because my screen is higher than my divas...but sit back, crank up the tunes and close your eyes and you won't notice sound coming from just 2 speakers...it's great! Whats cool is that just about everywhere in the room is a "Sweet" spot. And I knew the speakers would be pretty big...but they are alot bigger than they look on the website...the depth is alot more too. After the initial amazement it was time to go back to the garage and haul the side speakers (R3) and the center (c3). After finally hooking up all the speakers I'am very impressed. Out of all three I would have to say the center speaker, of all the ones I bought from av123, sounds the best. This thing is huge, and clarity is excellent! The side speakers are excellent too. I kicked in THX EX mode and fired up TPM...and the pod race is a whole new experience over my Sony 5.1 DD/DTS setup. Just for kicks in put in gladiator and went to the first few scenes where the big guy is swinging a weapon around and it hits a roman soldier sheild...that was awesome. You hear it whoosh with the 6.1's...then goes to the left R3, then the back polks, then with a finale BAM! it hits the right R3...very impressive. If I had to do it over again I would probably order the small divas (2.1)s for my surrounds, but the polks do match in final fit, wood color, and it melds well with the front divas. Overall I would give the speakers a rating:

6.1: 9.5 out of 10

C3: 9.5 out of 10

R3: 9 out of 10

I'am no pro, but I was amazed by what I heard...and to me that is what matters most. I'am sure there are better out there, but I'am happy with my purchase and would buy them again. Now if only they would have a matching "Diva" sub...I'am there! (HINT HINT)

·
Registered
799 Posts
AC, glad you enjoy the Divas so much. Give them a bit more time & they will sound even better.

Let's see we have San Antonio, Dallas, Bedford and now Gonzales. We may already have someone in Austin or Houston but as large as Texas we still need more users out further east & west. :)

PF

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Hmmmm.. This story seem very familar. I think I've heard it somewhere before.;)

Enjoy your Divas.

·
Registered
300 Posts
AfroCreame,

When did you order your speakers? I ordered mine on Monday and was just wondering how long it took. I bought the same package and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new set up. I can't wait till that big truck pulls up in front of my house. Enjoy!!

Mike

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Mike,

If you need any help unpacking those babies, I could always drive up. You know just to relive the experience.....:D Actually watching someone else's reaction would be a KICK.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Pride9
AfroCreame,

When did you order your speakers? I ordered mine on Monday and was just wondering how long it took. I bought the same package and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new set up. I can't wait till that big truck pulls up in front of my house. Enjoy!!

Mike

They took a little while...probably 2 weeks or so. av123 had a shipment come in and it was delayed a little bit in customs. Once it shipped they contacted me with a tracking number, although it is pretty usless. All the tracking information stated was that they shipment was in "Transit"...not near as detailed as UPS or FEDEX but this IS frieght ;) I'd say it would take about a week to ship and another for transit time. Steve took great care of me and if you have any problems, comments, or just want info on your order just contact him. Good luck and enjoy those divas!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Russ,

I welcome you to come up and help -- NOT! Really, unpacking and setting up is most of the fun for me, and I hope I don't have to wait two weeks for mine. I ordered them while my mother-in-law was staying with us so someone would be home during the day if they came while I was at work. I'm hoping Monday or Tuesday of next week or I may have to take a day off of work.

AfroCreame,

Thanks for the response, wow, two weeks is a long time to wait. Let us know how the system opens up for you after time.

Mike

·
Registered
300 Posts
Russell at ********** said they were in stock, and living in a suburb of Phoenix one hopes that delivery time would not be as long as living in a small town. He told me he would email me with the tracking numbers, which hasn't happened yet, so I'm thinking maybe they haven't shipped yet. That's the only problem with ordering over the internet or buying high priced items, very few stores have the items in stock and they have to be ordered which means a wait for the consumer. But from what everyone has said regarding the Diva's the wait will be worth it as it was for my SVS subs.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.