AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone in DE or close surrounding area that would be willing to demo their Divas. I've checked at audioenvy.com and the closest owners are more than 2 hours away. I'll drive this far if i have to but Im sure someone in this area has them. Im this close to buying the 6.1 package but would love to hear them first to ease my mind.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
488 Posts
:)

i'll just turn mine up,

you should be able to hear them.

:)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
So's Brandon. :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
lol!

thanks russ.

pi, i did see a post of a demo'er in your area.

i will try to find it for you my friend.

the "blind" purchase that we all did was such a hard thing to do without getting to really hear them. but i have been very, very happy with them.

-(note, i did get a chance to see and hear them via sean/archrr before i bought, but had already made my mind up for the purchase).

i know it's tough.

let me see if i can flush it out.

there is also a guy by the name of code marine, -(steve) that has a system set up online for people looking to audition the divas. ---which i'm sure you have found by now. if not, go to the swans thread and ask him. :)

sorry for the joke, but it was "partly" serious. my 6.1 speakers can really belt out a very powerfull belch of sonic gas! they really are amazing. ---if you amp them that is. :)

-b

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm near washington dc, but thats 2 hours from u. You are welcome to come down if you like.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Actually buying the Divas online without ever hearing them was for some reason easy for me. It just felt right, even though conventional wisdom says you don't buy speakers without listening to them. I was just so sick of auditioning B&M speakers and all the hassle involved, I was happy to click on the Diva order page. Also remember I bought mine a year ago before there was much of a buzz going. Now so many people own them, and corroborated the quality of their performance that much of the trepidation has been alleviated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well ive actually gone through the threads ( Diva owners.. ) and seen one Diva poster from DE, but Im trying to be polite by not calling him/her out by name since (1) im new here, and (2) he's/she not listed on audioenvy.com nor is his email available in his/her profile here, so I figure there must be some reason. I'm hoping maybe he'll see this post and let me come over. I don't bite!

zooplancton

I really didn't mean that to come off rudely. Sorry

farscape66

I'll keep that in mind, I have a cousin in DC i have to see soon. Email me @ [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Steve,

Thanks for the kind words.

Piyow69,

If there is anything we can do to help you become a certified Divan, we will be happy to do. Just trying to spread the Diva love.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I don't have anyone on my list in DE. Several in Maryland though

·
Registered
488 Posts
Piyow69,

no probs.

hope we can find that guy for you.

i do agree with you rt297 about the hassels and biases of doing auditions in most of the stores.

--(biased sales dudes, components you don't own,etc... the sales guy always being right, even on opinion based stuff...arggg.)

thanks "b"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.