AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any of you divian/rocketeers ever had occasion to make a warranty claim or return?....if so how did av123 do?....has anyone had quality control issues with either line of speakers?...(or any line of speakers for that matter).....please post anything you have good or bad.............thank you for your time........

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I blew a driver through a wee bit of abuse, and they had a new one out to me free of charge in a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I melted a pair of Vifa XT's through my own carelessness while doing a frequency sweep with sine waves. At around 20kHz with the volume too high I saw columns of smoke rising from the 750's. They sent me a new pair of tweeters for free although they really should have charged me!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow...nice job wally :)...how long did it take for av to respond to your warranty inquiry?...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Sad, ain't it? I used the AV123 phone number so there was no delay in response, however as the Rockets hadn't officially launched yet there was no parts stock yet in place so I had to wait for the tweeters to come in. It didn't take long though. These guys get buried with e-mail so if you're having trouble making contact, the phone can be the best option.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had some problems with the veneer cracking a bit on my Divas after several months, and suffice it to say that I was well taken care of.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I received some 6.1's with the tops cracked, although you can harley see them and did not effect the sound at all, AV123 gave me choices on what I could do. I think is great service when a company can give you so many options.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett Miles
I had some problems with the veneer cracking a bit on my Divas after several months, and suffice it to say that I was well taken care of.
Brett, how'd they take care of that? I ordered B-stock 4.1's and R3's (only ones they had left) and the 4.1's had slight cracks on the side. I've never really cared much about them, and haven't said anything to av123 because I know I purchased B-stocks and expected some physical damage (actually I expected quite a bit more damage than what I received), and I don't really care much about these cracks, but I'd like to see if there's anything I could do to fix them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
One of my 750's developed a buzz in a woofer during break-in. They sent me a replacement driver (my choice), but would have exchanged the speaker if I'd asked. That may have required a wait, if they didn't have any in stock, but I didn't ask.

Replaced the driver a few days later (4 screws, two solders). Problem fixed!

I kept the bad driver to show to people at auditions. :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NewSc2
Brett, how'd they take care of that? I ordered B-stock 4.1's and R3's (only ones they had left) and the 4.1's had slight cracks on the side. I've never really cared much about them, and haven't said anything to av123 because I know I purchased B-stocks and expected some physical damage (actually I expected quite a bit more damage than what I received), and I don't really care much about these cracks, but I'd like to see if there's anything I could do to fix them.
My "A-stock" Divas have some microcracks in the grain too, but I felt this was just the nature of the beast seeing how a heavily grained wood veneer was wrapped on a curved side panel. So far (after a couple of years anyway), nothing seems to be moving or expanding which leads me to believe that what's there was there upon application and it won't get any worse. I truly think this is a good bet as the glue application seems to be full and widespread before the veneer goes on. I just swiped the sides with heavy wood wax to smooth it all out and called it a day.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hubco
have any of you divian/rocketeers ever had occasion to make a warranty claim or return?....if so how did av123 do?....has anyone had quality control issues with either line of speakers?...(or any line of speakers for that matter).....please post anything you have good or bad.............thank you for your time........
Dear hubco...

This one is squarely on me...

Sean sent me e-mail about your situation during a time I was caring for my Mom... I misfiled your e-mail (and 3 others) in a section of my OE-6 that are not "hot" (to be answered right away)...

Sean sent me a second reminder... and I had trouble referencing what he was talking about... I'm so very sorry...

We will take care of your particular issue post haste (Like TODAY)... your situation is unusual... and Sean sent it to me because it would have required my authorization (or Suzanne's) to respond so far past the 30-day policy... Of course we will handle this for you...

I'm also sending along a gift... :)

Enjoy!

Apologies again... I have no excuse... and there is NEVER an excuse for poor response time...

Wishing you all the very best...

mls

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
hubco, you have e-mail...

Sean

·
Registered
85 Posts
while on the topic of... uh... damaged speakers i guess... has anybody ever tipped over a diva/rocket speaker? (floorstander of course)

just wondering wondering how durable the speaker housing is :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I know a guy whose kid pushed a 750 over on the pile of spiked feet that were laying on the carpet...ouch!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Parque
I know a guy whose kid pushed a 750 over on the pile of spiked feet that were laying on the carpet...ouch!
*cringes* :( That had to be a slow motion moment if he saw it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
He did and it was....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey mark...i can certainly understand misplacing an e-mail....no biggie.............especially when there are REAL life issues to be dealt with like your mothers health.......warmest wishes for you and yours this holiday season.....:)

ps..... isn't that a 60 day policy?......********** will exchange at no charge to the customer any defective product up to 60 days after your purchase. After sixty days the customer is responsible for the shipping cost to **********.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Okay, I have to tell my story. I purchased (4) 250's a 200 and a VTF-3. All arrived in great condition but then one of the 250's started buzzing on and off. After finally figuring out that it was the speaker and not my system/wiring (spent some time rewiring to reposition my rears) AV123 sent me the replacements to arrive before the weekend (originally they had a Monday arrival and I simply hinted the weekend and it was taken care of.) Now for the interesting part.

I have a 3 year old and a six year old and had placed the rear 250's on some old NHT stands. My boys were starting to get crazy (you know the point if you have raised boys) so I told them to settle down. I specifically told my six year old to settle down and not two minutes later he was spinning in the room with the Rockets, got dizzy and knocked the 250 off the stand. Quite the bang and commotion as he hit his head and was crying like crazy. I was furious and my wife saw it and told me to calm down. She knows me well and knows I would never act out of anger. I was disappointed with her and addressed this with her but that's another story. Anyway, I sent him up to his room to stop crying and when it stopped I went up stairs and made him cry again. :)

Then I thought, what can I do. My 250 was damaged on the front corner gloss part. The sound was fine. I e-mailed av123 to see if they had any ideas. They offered to send some pictures to one of their fixit guys but ultimately it would never be perfect. I then thought of good old Mastercard. I had remembered a warranty protection but had never used it so I called to find out the details. It was covered. A side note, Steve said they were only sold in pairs yet I found out later you could buy singles but I am glad Steve said this as two weeks later I got a check from Mastercard for $550. AV123 agreed to send me the 250's for that including shipping. Well with the delay and all the reviews of the 750's I ended up with the 750's. I had first decided on the 550's but Sean worked me a special deal to get the 750's since the 550's were significantly delayed too. I now have a 7 channel system but my current setup does not allow it so my 750's are upstairs in the workout room on some old analog Denon electronics. I am still using the "damaged" 250 as the rear. Mastercard has yet to pick it up and I am not calling to remind them. I figure they just chalked it up to warranty business.

This was way too long...

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hubco
hey mark...i can certainly understand misplacing an e-mail....no biggie.............especially when there are REAL life issues to be dealt with like your mothers health.......warmest wishes for you and yours this holiday season.....:)

ps..... isn't that a 60 day policy?......********** will exchange at no charge to the customer any defective product up to 60 days after your purchase. After sixty days the customer is responsible for the shipping cost to **********.
Thanks hubco...

YES... on PURELY defective product 60-days is our policy... This is only right...

I personally looked into your particular situation... and I trust (and hope) what I came up with made you very happy...

Wishing you all the very best...

mls

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Mark -

I'm sure it is rare, but a few people here have posted about buzzing speakers. When I auditioned the 750s at Jack's in Naperville, IL (I believe you have been there - his dogs like to lick) one of the speakers made a horrible buzzing noise when listening to Tori Amos. The entire cabinet was acting as a driver.

We found the culprit to be that the drivers were not screwed into the cabinet very well. They were all very loose. We tightened them (not too much), and the problem went away.

This could be a different issue than what others are posting about, but I thought you should know.

On a side note: I have auditioned the Diva 6.1s and Rocket 750. With both pairs of speakers, Tori Amos' album 'Little Earthquakes' found flaws in the speakers. The Divas sound very bloated and just plain bad with her vocals (never did find out why), and the Rocket issue above. Maybe you should use that album for QC :D

Kevin

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.