AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I used to be a member of this forum 3-5 years ago, but I guess my account was deleted for lack of activity.. Regardless.. My 77 year old father is a bit of an artist, and a car lover. He grew up with a father that was sales manager at a Buick dealership.. He has owned and owns several rare cars. Currently owned are a 1941 Buick Limited(think limo) with late model corvette suspension and LT-1 corvette motor. He also owns a 1946 Buick Roadmaster, which will probably become a ratrod of some sort. Lastly he has a 1979 Corvette Daytona with a 650+ hp small block chevy in it.. GM runs in our family pretty heavily.. I DIGRESS!!

So my dad bought a 1946 buick grill several years(centuries) ago, and he has decided to turn it into a up on the shoulder 1980's jam box. Including shoulder strap and everything.. Functionality wise, who knows, but he does have a desire to make it work and look nice...

Here's the dilemma. So my dad would like to get the internal guts for his jambox(tuner,speakers, etc). He has an ipod and ipad he uses and would like to utilize. He's a big radio guy(sports, races, talk radio, etc). So I am trying to piece meal out a system for him to put in.. I would think he doesn't want to spend over 1k, and truth be told it would probably be me buying whatever for him... Ideally we would like something remote controlled, and that we can keep hidden.

Any thoughts, recommendations, questions, etc?

I am attaching some of his other hand crafted wood/metal items.. He makes pretty much everything by hand(except the grill in this case).

Side Note: I posted this in a different forum, and was told I might have better luck in here....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Hmmm so where are the speaker locations going to be?

If behind the grille then depending on size dimensions you can build anything. Or you can use a MTM existing speaker design, tri path or other small amp with Blue Tooth accessory to connect Ipad or other device. Some of the amps can be integrated. Some you will have to build from scratch.

There are LOTS of small amp designs out that will work just fine on DC. Or you can always buy an existing integrated amp/jambox and dismantle that and add better speakers and amp. LOTS of variables.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts