AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's made of oak. The wire shelves maximize efficient use of space while helping to dissipate heat. A pegboard back keeps weight down while allowing airflow. LEDs attached to the back add ambient lighting to the room.

It houses a JVC RX-6010V Dolby/DTS receiver, Motorola DCT2224, Xbox360 HD-DVD, and a Logitech Harmony 520 remote.

As long as we're at it, here are some other projects finished this week....

Theater plaques are expensive and hard to find. (Unless you steal one from a theater like my buddy did with his Dolby sign.) I made this DTS sign by cutting brushed copper with a plotter and then applying that to black vinyl-backed lexan. I mounted the lexan inside of a walnut shadow box for finish and depth. You can also see my spare parts book-ends made from left over molding and a pair of copper shelf brackets.

I mounted the panels I got from ATS Acoustics.

I made cases for my collection DVD-Rs and got a tower for them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looks great. I bet that took some time to do.

I can't tell from the pic, but how did you finish it and how come the wire shelves. I would never had thought of that.

Adam

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by atagert /forum/post/0

Looks great. I bet that took some time to do.

I can't tell from the pic, but how did you finish it and how come the wire shelves. I would never had thought of that.

Adam

The wire shelves caught my eye because they were on sale.
They're thinner than wood shelving so they give me a little more room and they allow a lot of airflow which is always helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.