AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if my problem has been solved by someone here on the forums already. So after the price increase of the JTR's and the fact that my home won't be ready until later this year, I was unable to purchase JTR's in time to get the old price point and know if they would work. It seems my problem is mostly the center channel speaker as I have a family room scenario with an above the fireplace TV mount. I know, less than ideal especially after my dedicated home theater in my last house. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if I can embed or partially embed a center channel into the wall but with the direct vent of the fireplace behind the TV, I could only recess a center channel about 3". With a depth of 14" on the JTR center channel, that means it would stick out 11", making it unconcealable in a fake mantle or something. I was hoping to design something that would match a pair of JTR Noesis 212HTR's and some JTR surrounds for a 7.4.4 home theater application.

I believe the 212HTR is 101dB sensitivity which is one reason why I like it. Aiming for a DIY option that I could make wider but more shallow. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
That setup sounds like a bummer from what you used to have. I think many of us on here would suggest just running a phantom center channel. Since the center carries 50% of most movie soundtracks, you may be hard pressed to find something physically small that can provide an impactful experience and keep up with your JTR's.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your response. I've considered the idea but prefer a dedicated center. (I heard 70% of the movie soundtrack). I wonder if JTR considered making an in-wall or at least an on-wall.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can fur out the wall. WAF is definitely a problem but her only concern was when I suggested ditching the fireplace altogether. I'm not giving up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts