AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my order of Belden 1694 cables came in and I need to determine the terminations.

Is Canare the best pratical method of terminations, or is the old school solder the best - WBT RCA plugs.

· Registered
87 Posts
Canare, and now ADC, have the closest RCA plugs to 75 ohm. They both are proud of them too. $$ They are good products.

There are many compression and crimp RCA plugs for this cable that use much faster termination methods. Cablepro’s F-Conn series, Liberty’s new Connectec series, TVC, and Stirling to name a few. These use a standard F strip, ¼†x ¼â€, a simple linear compression stroke and you are done in 30 seconds or less. Most of these have interchangeable colored bands to allow the user to code the RCA plugs. If you use one of these ensure you get an RG6QS rated connector for the 1694A.

· Registered
1,028 Posts
The Canare connectors are closer to 75 ohm impedence than any of the competitors I've seen (I've never seen the ADC product- got a link?) offering standard RCA plugs.

But the NextGen connectors from WBT will provide a much closer impedence match than the Canare. Of course- much higher price too.

· Registered
87 Posts
You can see the specs and drawing at www.adc.com the part number starts with CRCA and matches their BNC format. i.e. CRCA-1 is equal to BNC-1 for 1505A etc. It is a really nice connector and spec'd to 3 GHz.

· Registered
28 Posts
I've used the ADC and Canare. The ADC pins are smaller than the Canare. The barrels seem to be longer also. I'm not sure if I understand the specs though. Canare are rated to 200mhz. ADC rated to 3ghz. Again, I'm not sure if I understand what they are both saying.

The ADCs work great with the Paladin 2649 die. No need for multiple dies. I've had a lot of trouble with Paladin and Canare. I may have to bite the bullet and purchase the Canare crimp and die if I continue to use them.

I would love to use the Thomas-Betts as they seem very easy to crimp (I also have their crimper). But I can't find the electrical specs on them. TB sent me a fax, but doesn't give me the information I'm looking for.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.