AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive seen you can make your own component cables from RG6 and compression type RCA fittings.. i have a lot of RG6 and a compression tool so id figure id give it a shot. Where can i get Blue, Green, Red colored RCA compression fittings for RG6?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
As I said in another thread:

All three cables should be made from the same reel of cable.

All three cables should be exactly the same length.

(and no, I don't know what exactly means. It could mean 1/2 inch or it could be 1 foot)

If you are buying bulk cable, get cable with heavy braid shielding, not foil or quad shielding.

But if you already have the cable, just use it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've found that a thin stripe of colored electrical tape (if applied carefully) looks classy and subtle..and does the ID'ing job nicely...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi tino86. In response to the question you actually asked, most compression connectors accept optional color rings for color coding. A few compression connectors have integral color, and a few have no color option. This contains a list of compression connectors with photos and sources:

DIY A/V RCA Compression Connector Cables

Most of the photos do not show the color rings, but they are available if you check the vendors. The little grooves at the base of the connectors or at the center seam (depending on the model) are where the color rings fit.

Color Rings for Holland and Liberty Compression Connectors

Color Rings for F-Conn Compression Connectors

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.