AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally took the leap and replaced my old CRT with a new 46" LCD. Of course my existing entertainment center would not fit a TV this wide, so I had to choose to either buy a new entertainment center or....modify the existing one. Since I am inherently cheap, I went with the later.

The existing entertainment center was a popular model from Sam's Club (and maybe Walmart) for around $300. It weighs about 300 pounds and is actually pretty high quality construction. I know of a couple people who have this same center, so I thought I'd post the results in case someone else out there wants to give it a try.

It almost seems that the center was designed to work in both configurations. I essentially disassembled the top two-thirds, cut the two vertical columns (front left and right) down to size and then placed the original top piece (that was above the TV) on top of where the TV used to sit. A dozen wood screws were used to secure the top piece in its new place and there you go. Sure, it's not the most stylish thing around, but my total investment was 3 hours of labor and $0 out of pocket.

See the attachments for the original and final configurations. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks great! Good job!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts