AVS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That's great. If my calculations are correct it should only be about $700 for each speaker. And that is including an upgraded cd from what is in the stock design(as long as the clones don't suck that is). Making it much more affordable than I had expected. Excited to get started on these once I have some time on my hands.
If you have trouble finding the stock 265h-2 woofers, the 2225h & 2226h will work as well - I have some 2225h's for sale and in very good condition if interested :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm not sure how well those clones will work but I've seen a couple sources post measurements of aftermarket cone kits for many popular JBL woofers and their measured specs once complete varied quite a bit from the oem woofers as well as from each aftermarket kits... but I say for the good of science someone should test them out!

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
If you have trouble finding the stock 265h-2 woofers, the 2225h & 2226h will work as well - I have some 2225h's for sale and in very good condition if interested :)
I'd go with something more modern and direct drive, like 2265hpl, though that increases cost.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts