AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made a DIY extenderboard for the ECP projectors ???

Does the backplane of the ECP use all connections

A B C or only

A and C

I was thinking of making myself an extenderboard since I dont know where to get one. Even if I did I suspect them to be to costly.

///CF

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
I started to make one and gave my parts to Jay Wilson when I got a hold of the real-deal. I bought some vector-board from Digikey and cut it to size (same width as an ECP module but a little longer). Then I glued down the 96pin Euro connectors (also from Digikey) and commenced to solderin'. You may be right about it only being A and C, I'll have to check. At the time, I was planning on just wiring everything up (straight through).

Cary

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I belive that it uses the A and C on all but 2 boards. Seems like I remember someone talking about using from a Barco? and the response was that it would work on all but 2 locations. Not sure, but that rings a bell. I have Cary's original, and all 3 have traces from each end. In othere words, A B & C go all the way through. There are test poitn connections for only two rows, I know for A but I can't remeber if the other set are for B or C. Download the seminar manual for ECPs from Snaggs website

http://www.snaggs.com/projector/index.php

I think it lists all the connections for the backplane connectors and that would tell you for sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone has an original board and a digital camera could you please take pictures on both sides and post it to me. Is the board dual layer or does it have more then one layer.

Thanck you

///CF

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Here you go. I dont think they'll help, but I took them anyway. I had to get the flash to reflect a bit so you could see the circuit traces. The only thing that didn't come out great were the pics on the front side so you can see the test points. It's an OLD camera. It is a double sided board. As best I can tell, all circuits are on the outside...there are no traces hidden in between in the middle.

The back:

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
And the front...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You

I will start doing the layout today and etch the board next weekend.

///CF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.