AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I didn't know if I could post something like this, but I ran it by Garry -one of the AVS mods- and he said it was fine.

Anyways, I was wondering would it be hard to make an electric screen like the Elite Kestrel? One of the reasons I ask is because I live in an apartment and I would like to keep the holes in the walls to a minimum. It also has a coolness factor imo because it comes from the ground up, instead of the typical drop from the ceiling.

You can find that screen here .

They say it has a tubular motor and "rises and lowers by our motorized precision 'scissor-backed' cross spring risers.

Okay, so obviously the tubular motor would be the one that is in all electric screens. But those cross spring risers are something else. From what I'm thinking, it's like this:

In addition, the pictures show some type of flat bar that runs across the width of the screen in the middle and the bottom part of the screen. Is that just in the picture? Or is it really on the actual product? The reason I ask is because I do not understand how or why that part is there.

I'm thinking more about it to see if I can fully understand the item. As I'm thinking of things, I see that some of it wouldn't contribute to it. However, Any input would help a lot.

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I was driving home and this just popped up in my head. What about just using a manual tab tensioned pull down screen and usingsome electric extension arm to pull it up? Like a power antenna in some old cars. Would that be a more convenient solution?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.