AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to create a star field ceiling using fiber optics? Saw one at CEDIA and really liked it but just like everything else I think that I'd be better off ($$$$ wise) trying to create my own. Has anyone tried this? If so, how hard was it and where did you get the materials?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mattman,

I am in the process of building one for my theater at the moment.

Bought illuminator and fiiber optics at www.fiberopticproducts.com.

I had a starmap blown up to size of starfield and will use that for star placement. Starfield will have appox. 400 stars in a 4 foot by 6 foot starfield.

Frank

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Mattman, have you joined the ranks of projector owners? From what I remember, you were still trying to figure out which one to buy. Am I correct? How is your progress coming along?

Do you have any updated pics?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Fastls,just so I understand,you are going to have 400 stars in a 4x6 foot area only,how about the rest on the ceiling,thanks

tommy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Going to give theater effect of having a skylight set in ceiling. Rest of ceiling will be a dark blue tray ceiling with cherry stained oak detailing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Scott,

I am starting on ceiling this weekend. I will start taking pictures so everyone can follow along.

Frank

(FASTLS)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Frank,

Sounds like it will be beautiful when you're done. I'm excited for you!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Biza,I was already to order from them then I got to shipping,over 100.00 :mad:

now I'm working personally with Paul from www.thefiberopticstore.com to develop something that will work with my application and hopefully others from AV:)

TS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.