AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIY Home Theater Includes 176-inch Screen

By Rachel Cericola
Some extra space affords this theater more room to entertain.

When it comes to home theater, size mattersat least to Warren English. When this do-it-yourselfer decided to build his own theater room, he wanted to go big, so he chose the basement spot under his garage.

I had always wanted a large theater, he says. This ended up being a little larger than I had originally planned. However, the extra size afforded another row of seats.

Having the additional row of seating certainly isn't a problem, especially for friends of the English family. Warren and his wife Cydney entertain several times a year, so that row doesn't go to waste.

There are a few areas Warren wishes he could downsize. I originally wanted to have 7-foot-wide risers to give a lot of space in front of the chairs on each row.

Click here to continue.

Click here for photos.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
BenQ had quite a short throw. and with such a big screen, will there be a lot of pincushion??

Also, Seymour screen is not HP, and with such a big screen, it might get quite dim after 300-400 hrs...

Other than that, everything looks wonderful!

·
Registered
12,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu /forum/post/20775873

BenQ had quite a short throw. and with such a big screen, will there be a lot of pincushion??

Also, Seymour screen is not HP, and with such a big screen, it might get quite dim after 300-400 hrs...

Other than that, everything looks wonderful!

I think the BenQ W6000 works fine with that screen:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ...ulator-pro.htm

I am not sure I understand your question on pin cushion, you would have to be very close to the Seymour screen to notice moire.

I can't imagine you would have any issues even with 2K hours on the bulb as this PJ is very bright (2500 lumens). It is rated for 2K hours in bright mode and 3K hours in eco mode. I would think you would get at least 2K hours off the bulb.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk
I think the BenQ W6000 works fine with that screen:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ...ulator-pro.htm

I am not sure I understand your question on pin cushion, you would have to be very close to the Seymour screen to notice moire.

I can't imagine you would have any issues even with 2K hours on the bulb as this PJ is very bright (2500 lumens). It is rated for 2K hours in bright mode and 3K hours in eco mode. I would think you would get at least 2K hours off the bulb.
2500lumens if you use dynamic mode, which is NOT D65. Best mode maybe 600-700 at best. After 2000 hrs, I think it will be close to 300-400 lumens, at best.

Moire is not the same as Moire. I also have Seymour AV screen and I don't see moire if I sit about 9-10ft away. PinCushion is not the same.. PinCushion is the geometric distortion due to the short throw with the A-lens. The A-lens "stretches' the image but it is not uniform, so the outer edge had less and so if your throw ratio is small, you can distort the image on the side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.