AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to procure speakers for my covered patio and am itching to build something
We like to throw parties and spend a great deal of time outside so I want a quality speaker delivering the tunes.

I have access to the ceiling on the patio from my attic and it is open so what I was thinking was building something like the Hitmakers from DIYSG with a standard enclosure but somehow designing the baffle so that I can brace it to the ceiling joists and mount them flush with the drywall.

Should I be concerned about the affects of humidity (Tennessee Summers)?

Obviously would be much easier to buy standard in ceiling speakers but this sounds like way more fun

Has this ever been done and what's your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Do the Hitmakers have an in-wall crossover? If you are mounting them like you describe, you'll want a speaker that was designed to be installed flush with the wall (ceiling in your case). A quick look at the Hitmakers page doesn't show an in-wall crossover option for them.

Do you have a budget in mind? There are several options available, but we will need a budget to narrow it down for you. For example, CJD's In-Khan-Neatos would probably work, but I don't know if they are in your budget.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts