AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have read many of the posts here on DIY mounts and looked at all the pictures and plans available. However, none of them seem to meet my specific needs.

I have a Sony VPL-PX21 projector (1024x768) that I purchased for my business a couple years ago. After a lot of research on RPTVs and PJs to finally get HDTV at home, I realized that I already had it on my "work" projector!

I want to be able to remove it from a ceiling mount quickly and easily and then re-mount it without a lot of setup or recalibration. I use it for work about 2-3 times per month for sales presentations etc. but would like it in my HT the rest of the time. Due to room limitations, I cannot wall mount the projector.

The projector weighs 15lb 14oz and measures 13 3/8 x 5 5/8 x 13 1/4.

Does anyone have a DIY mount that allows for quick removal? If so, can you provide me with details, pictures, plans, etc? If not, why not post your best ideas.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Hi,

I used some cheap speaker mounts which allow for quick removal. The plastic one is fine though a little wobbly when you fit/remove cables, but once it's set, it stays put. The MK2 version is all metal and far more sturdy. Here's a link to the pics:

http://www.g-lightfoot.pwp.blueyonde...k/ht1000.html?

They're UK sourced mounts, but no doubt you have very similar ones available where you are.

HTH

Gary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.