AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the problem I find myself in -- a recent move to an apartment forced me to sell my beloved SVS PB13-Ultra. I now need a sub that will be more appropriate for my space and living situation but still want a high performance sub. I was thinking of going with a sealed design sub, however at the moment, all the ID companies are somewhat in an inbetween stage with their sealed designs -- Epik (the Empire is too big) and SVS (who has none at the moment).

So I was wondering if I might be able to use the custom building skills at elemental design to build and finish a box with one of thier plate amps (most likely the LT.1300) and use a higher end driver to put in the box -- maybe something from TC Sounds or JL audio -- does this sound like a viable option for a high performance sealed subwoofer....

-Chopin_Guy

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Yes it does sound viable. You need to give us size restrictions and budget also. That would help plan that a bit better.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha ha -- yes indeed those would be good things to cover. I was thinking of keeping it to nothing larger than a 20" cube. I really like the look of the Audiopulse Revo 15" driver as I think that is something the LT.1300 from elemental designs could power effectively...the Axis and LMS-Ultra drivers are too power hungry and I don't wont to have pro-gear...

Also where can you purchase these Audiopulse drivers--I know they are hard to come by...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.