AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have finally taken the plunge and ordered the Panasonic PT-L711XU. Now the hard part is waiting until it arrives! I would appreciate any input from 711/75/701 owners with regard to ceiling mounts and screens that you have put together, or bought really cheap. Any input much appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is a picture of one I built for my L711XU. I continue to love this projector (within reason, of course).

The top plate is a piece of white melamine shelving from HD. I used T-nuts and threaded rods, covered with clear tubing. The bottom plate is a piece of cutting board from a kitchen and bath supply store. I think the whole thing cost less than $20.

The plate which attaches to the ceiling is mounted with lag screws. One of the holes is widened into a small arc to allow for left-right adjustments. Tilt adjustments are made by simply raising or lowering the nuts on the threaded rod. I measured well, and centered the thing at a proper distance, so there was not much adjusting to do.

·
Registered
515 Posts
First on the DIY screen, I just painted a wall using a "customized" grey (used da-lite high contrast sample). I'm looking to get a HCCV or Firehawk soon, but the wall works for now.

On the mount, I used a 3/4" pipe attached to a speaker mount. Since I have a drop ceiling, I mounted the pipe to the joist and worked the ceiling tile around it. I used a speaker mount so I can adjust the projector. On the screws for your base, use 4mm machine screws.

Here's the final product (still need to paint black):

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had a private message on how I mounted the pipe to the joist. Below is the picture of mount. I just screwed a 3/4 flange to a 2X4 and screwed those it into the joist. All pipe hardware available in plumbing section of Home Depot and Lowes.

[Does anyone know how to send files via private message?]

I'll post seperate pictures on the speaker mount.

·
Registered
515 Posts
On the question on speaker mount, I found the below "no name" speaker mounts at Lowes. Not eligent, but got the job done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.