AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sanyo PLV-Z2 (yes it's old, but still works great). My media room is completely dark. My projector is mounted from the ceiling and is approx 12.5' feet from the wall (screen). I estimate my screen size is approx 106" diag, and I have a 3.5" framed border surrounding this measurement.

I am having my paint/sheetrock guy come out to refloat the wall the screen is painted on (previous owner simply applied an off the shelf DIY screen material in 4:3 format). Thus, I will have a perfectly flat, white surface to work with.

After reading several posts, I have looked at a simple formula provided by MM which is the CMRA S-I-L-V-E-R modified (1/2 Gal Behr Faux Glaze, 4 oz Delta silver Metallic and 20 oz H2O). Given the spec's I detailed above, is this the optimal mix for my setup?

I'll have my paint guy do the painting as I have proven a lack of skill in this area. Suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, 7 thinly dusted coats, correct? I am certain he will use his professional spray equipment.

I tried this on the very poor surface texture that exists today, and I was amazed at how little talent and patience I had - hence, the poor results.

However, where I did manage to get a good coverage, the image is really, really clear. Good contrast, slightly visible screen door, but overall, great reflection.

Just want to make sure I fully understand the proper technique. Thank you!

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,838 Posts
That's correct. And S-I-L-V-E-R can accentuate SDE a bit more on a textured surface, which is why it so very important to make sure the surface is "Baby Butt Smooth"

As for the Spray equipment....I've been down that road before. Just simply find out what equipment he has....let him know it's all "Water based Acrylic Latex", and if he has any questions, PM me for a Phone number.

Going to a tiny bit of extra effort might / could / probably will make all the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts